Here is why I not like Steam

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
vsaet
Hunter

Re: Here is why I not like Steam

Post by vsaet »

L3M182 wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Ah the memories, but back in Cotw, i recall seeing Cotw in a store long ago, is now Steam Only? because if its sold in retail it could be played without Steam, but getting the last DLC every time would be harder.
would be pointless, its in constant development and gets updated almost weekly. a big quality of life bug squash is expected tomorrow. unfortunately for some its 2020 soon and its time to start getting on-board with how the world works now.
It's true and is also the reason that all gone to hell in all points of view.And the life of the majority is like an open book ;)
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

DHRifleman wrote:
L3M182 wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Ah the memories, but back in Cotw, i recall seeing Cotw in a store long ago, is now Steam Only? because if its sold in retail it could be played without Steam, but getting the last DLC every time would be harder.
would be pointless, its in constant development and gets updated almost weekly. a big quality of life bug squash is expected tomorrow. unfortunately for some its 2020 soon and its time to start getting on-board with how the world works now.
I really don't think they know the meaning of those big words
"Tru-PATCH is our upcoming "quality of life" and bug-fix patch, solely focused on improvements to theHunter: Call of the Wild. Watch this space for a full run-down of our patch notes, coming tomorrow!" posted that today on their facebook page. so guess we will find out what they did and if it will improve the game shortly. however i thing vsaet will be in for another stressful day downloading
vsaet wrote: It's true and is also the reason that all gone to hell in all points of view.And the life of the majority is like an open book ;)
no idea what your saying bud. possible language barrier thing. try wording it different.
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

L3M182 wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:
L3M182 wrote:
"Tru-PATCH is our upcoming "quality of life" and bug-fix patch, solely focused on improvements to theHunter: Call of the Wild. Watch this space for a full run-down of our patch notes, coming tomorrow!" posted that today on their facebook page. so guess we will find out what they did and if it will improve the game shortly. however i thing vsaet will be in for another stressful day downloading
vsaet wrote: It's true and is also the reason that all gone to hell in all points of view.And the life of the majority is like an open book ;)
no idea what your saying bud. possible language barrier thing. try wording it different.
I simply how the word work today and the result. That also we have to start getting on-board.( sorry for my English)
i thing vsaet will be in for another stressful day downloading
very funny! but I will go to my 2nd residence where I have a connection VDSL 100,because like you said it will be enormous :lol: . You see in 2019 my principal residence have 10 Mbit ADSL and my 2nd 100 VDSL because the one is on the mountain and the other at the see. ;)
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

L3M182 wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:
L3M182 wrote:
And how many times have we heard that about classic just to find 1/2 the squashed bugs still existed :lol:
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

vsaet wrote:
L3M182 wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:
I simply how the word work today and the result. That also we have to start getting on-board.( sorry for my English)
very funny! but I will go to my 2nd residence where I have a connection VDSL 100,because like you said it will be enormous :lol: . You see in 2019 my principal residence have 10 Mbit ADSL and my 2nd 100 VDSL because the one is on the mountain and the other at the see. ;)

well if this was the case all along. why all the drama to start with? was clearly bad internet and you knew it! haha fair play on the 2 house thing though thats cool.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

DHRifleman wrote:
L3M182 wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:
And how many times have we heard that about classic just to find 1/2 the squashed bugs still existed :lol:
yeah i suppose. but its a pretty extensive list of good fixes

http://callofthewild.thehunter.com/en/b ... SmAzJSqjW8
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

L3M182 wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:
L3M182 wrote:

yeah i suppose. but its a pretty extensive list of good fixes

http://callofthewild.thehunter.com/en/b ... SmAzJSqjW8
That is a huge list of bugs, and I am really surprised at the ones that are the same as classic. Also what are all the rests about? Would seem that any info you have learned from playing will now need to be done over again. Kind of like when they messed with whitehart and animals were no longer where they would typically be making all the previous learning moot.

"Equipment is no longer holstered when exiting ATV"--Does this mean you can have a weapon in hand and ready to fire when you get off the ATV? If so that is a huge mistake since it allows you to run down animals, jump off and fire. Not really hunting as most understand it, more like GTA
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

DHRifleman wrote:
That is a huge list of bugs, and I am really surprised at the ones that are the same as classic. Also what are all the rests about? Would seem that any info you have learned from playing will now need to be done over again. Kind of like when they messed with whitehart and animals were no longer where they would typically be making all the previous learning moot.

"Equipment is no longer holstered when exiting ATV"--Does this mean you can have a weapon in hand and ready to fire when you get off the ATV? If so that is a huge mistake since it allows you to run down animals, jump off and fire. Not really hunting as most understand it, more like GTA
I agree and i'm anxious and scared to see how it will affect the whole game . I have bad memories of many updates done in Classic .
An update that huge , will certainly affect it . Man ! When it comes up next Tuesday , i'll click it with my eyes closed ! :roll:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

L3M182 wrote:
vsaet wrote:
L3M182 wrote:

well if this was the case all along. why all the drama to start with? was clearly bad internet and you knew it! haha fair play on the 2 house thing though thats cool.
:D DYEUZ give the answer in a precedent post "He just wanted to let the '' steam '' out " .As for the 2 house i can confirm that is real. I can give you an idea by giving you the Google Earth coordinates. :)
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

So what happened with the Tru-patch, did it do all it was said to do and was it all for the good?

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”