Here is why I not like Steam

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
vsaet
Hunter

Here is why I not like Steam

Post by vsaet »

Today again for 3rd or more in 15 days I have an update of Steam 103 MB and i have to wait till my game starts. Is very frustrated and unlike Steam for that. I know that they have to promote others games etc but they take my time because i have not a speed connection . And I think is a number of players in my position. The other time it was 250 MB. Desolation! :(
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Here is why I not like Steam

Post by DYEUZ »

...How long does it take for those update to do ?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Depends on your internet connection. For 99 % its a non issue I believe
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

updates are a non issue... but...
The "NEWS" section is still on the Steam Launcher for THC...
ever loading - nothing there - understandably of course.
Just remove it - start launcher on "store" or "sales" - plz.
Just sayin'...
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

most games are 50 gb plus ssds are literally as cheap as they could ever be. the size of the updates are fine. the only real issue here is probably your internet speeds. thats the only reason it takes any time how you can blame steam when its your issue is beyond me. if you cant have faster internet that sucks but blaming something which isnt the problem is quite silly.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

He didn't blame them, it was just his reason why he hates them.
Personally I don't like all their 3rd party crap and that isn't needed for the game they spam onto the PC either.
Even though I set up an account when it was needed for classic, I turned it off and haven't played for that very reason.
If they want to spam ads like Google that is one thing, but the downloads just for their crap since classic doesn't have updates anymore is quite ridiculous.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: vsaet ... Next time i see you hunting in CotW , we'll go together and i'll make you forget about that for a while . We'll have a good time !!
Deal ?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

DHRifleman wrote: I turned it off and haven't played for that very reason..
so that explains why you didn't reply to the message i sent you thru the game.....don't worry, no big thing, nothing important, just a observance .. :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

DHRifleman wrote:He didn't blame them, it was just his reason why he hates them.
Personally I don't like all their 3rd party crap and that isn't needed for the game they spam onto the PC either.
Even though I set up an account when it was needed for classic, I turned it off and haven't played for that very reason.
If they want to spam ads like Google that is one thing, but the downloads just for their crap since classic doesn't have updates anymore is quite ridiculous.
if you want to play the game its what you have to use. steam in general is a very good platform. as with any platform or system there will be some kind of thing like you suggest.

this is a call of the wild section. its not really a call of the wild issue. its the steam platform. if you want to play modern games you just have to either play them and get on with it and just accept it. or just dont play em. things change move on adapt or just stop. its not even a big issue. the problem is with too many people just moan about anything now days. anything at all. its like its become a hobby more than the gaming.

the issues or your preference for eg. its like a couple of seconds.its open steam launch game its gone. how is that even a issue ? all the pros of steam outway that tiny tiny inconvience. being able to talk chat do numerous things on the platform yet you only point out the negatives ? you have to do downloads either through the launcher or steam. so thats no different. the game like classic is ever evolving. so you got to download updates regardless of the platform you on. :?

steam will generally only show a game add on starting it up.one time.for a split second. so as said this is just being picky. especially when you factor that one thing against all the good things you can do with steam.

why is this thread even in call of the wild thread ? its basically a steam discussion.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

I agree with most of what you say Ron but this isn't a COTW section, it is a "Other games and tech talk section" so it fits here.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”