Here is why I not like Steam

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
vsaet
Hunter

Re: Here is why I not like Steam

Post by vsaet »

DHRifleman wrote:So what happened with the Tru-patch, did it do all it was said to do and was it all for the good?
Yes It's there but I can't saying something because is not downloaded yet for me. Like It was said! :lol: 5 Gigabytes ! must be a lot of new .......bugs ;)
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

It went live, however I’ve not played cotw since
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

... I did play after the update , but had to go help a friend ... what i saw for sure is that all our discovered Need Zones , were gone , reseted to zero . We all have to find them again . They toll us about that thought .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

DYEUZ wrote:... I did play after the update , but had to go help a friend ... what i saw for sure is that all our discovered Need Zones , were gone , reseted to zero . We all have to find them again . They toll us about that thought .
They said it. many things are reset. For players that leader board, diamonds and other things like that are important is bad. For me who play in my way is like everyday. The only thing I want is tents and I have not installed yet to see if it works. Seems that are not major changes.I saw you online and at the moment you are in THC. Good luck! :D
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

vsaet wrote: They said it. many things are reset. For players that leader board, diamonds and other things like that are important is bad. For me who play in my way is like everyday. The only thing I want is tents and I have not installed yet to see if it works. Seems that are not major changes.I saw you online and at the moment you are in THC. Good luck! :D
Thx vsaet. I'm getting mad at Ibex right now . :evil: :lol:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

DYEUZ wrote:... I did play after the update , but had to go help a friend ... what i saw for sure is that all our discovered Need Zones , were gone , reseted to zero . We all have to find them again . They toll us about that thought .
Was there some reason they decided to reset the need zones, population, leaderboards, and the hunting log?
Seems like they are taking what everyone has learned through playing and chucked it out the window.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

there is obvious reasons. come on . lets not be silly. its like a drama show on here. read patch notes or watch the twitch streams if you want to know why. they have explained all thats needed to be known for a few weeks now. in depth.

its like a negative tea party on here whenever something new happens its broke its the worst possible decision its this that bad. one guy is commenting on it and hasnt even got the patch installed lol.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Obvious reasons? If they were that obvious then maybe what ever they were to fix shouldn't have been broken in the first place.

And I was just seeing a parallel between this and the change to Whitehart a really long time ago.It piqued my interest if it was the same type of thing. The results to the players sound exactly the same though.

As for "its like a negative tea party on here "
Maybe if EW pulled their head out of the sand, and made some comment it wouldn't be.
Maybe they can put an end to it by just growing a pair and telling it like it is.

Nope not going to happen, and the party will rock on ;)
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Would it be better for them not working on fixing the bugs and not inform weeks in advance what they are doing?

All the fixes is reasonable. There was never any uproar about resetting the stats or removing of need zones. Everybody updated and with experience understand the reasoning. Even I do despite not caring much about stats.

I have not really had time to dig deep yet though.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

DHRifleman wrote:Obvious reasons? If they were that obvious then maybe what ever they were to fix shouldn't have been broken in the first place.

And I was just seeing a parallel between this and the change to Whitehart a really long time ago.It piqued my interest if it was the same type of thing. The results to the players sound exactly the same though.

As for "its like a negative tea party on here "
Maybe if EW pulled their head out of the sand, and made some comment it wouldn't be.
Maybe they can put an end to it by just growing a pair and telling it like it is.

Nope not going to happen, and the party will rock on ;)
different games so no parallel in anyway. it was not the same type of thing . i dont get where you getting any of this from. totally different game and different issues made clear almost every week for nearly a month what was being done and how it was going to proceed. what comments needed to be made ? across all the social media platforms everything needed to be known about this update has been available and posted for weeks. anyone who follows call of the wild closely already knows this.

actually if you watched todays stream you wouldnt of said your last sentance. graham and phil covered exactly what you just said. maybe go watch it.

if some of the hate brigade spent as much time on seeing whats happening or watching streams you would get your answers. its all available.stop being so negative. move on.

every week there is a live stream for cotw. explaining about upcoming news , patches , content , fixes.

also i dont want to come across harshly but when you see the same old people just round and round complaining with a new arguement every couple of days its tiring. you obviously love thehunter you dedicated much of your time to the games yet its this that broke lala at any given chance. even when totally wrong. i understand you have put a lot of effort over the years. many appreciate that but that was classic and cotw isnt classic.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”