New PC building

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
MetalMind
Outfitter

New PC building

Post by MetalMind »

Hi, I'm building new PC and would like to know if it will handle theHunter Classic well. I mean if that new components will be compatible wiht the old game engine of this game. I just want to make sure to have at least +60 FPS without any lags or strutters. It will include:

Intel-core-i7-9700k-octa-core-4-9ghz-12mb-14mn-box-bx80684i79700k

Gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-windforce-8g-8gb-gddr6-256-bit-3xhdmi-3xdp-usb-c-box

Mainboard: Gigabyte-z390-gaming-x

Ddr4-16-gb-3200mhz

PSU: Silentiumpc-supremo-fm2-gold-750w

Any ideas? Or maybe some of you have similar PC specs and can answer if theHunter Classic performs well?

Thanks.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: New PC building

Post by Fletchette »

It will be fine, but what resolution you are running at will have the biggest impact on FPS.
Personal Bests...
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

That's way more PC than you need for Classic, you should be fine.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
MetalMind
Outfitter

Post by MetalMind »

I'm running 1920x1080.

Do you think it will run smooth on highest settings?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

MetalMind wrote:I'm running 1920x1080.

Do you think it will run smooth on highest settings?
You should be pretty safe with this rig, running on this resolution! 8-)
Image Image Image
MetalMind
Outfitter

Post by MetalMind »

OK, thank you all for your responses :)

I have one more question. Most of the time I've been playing theHunter on Win7, what experience have you playing this game on Win10? Any problems?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

MetalMind wrote:I have one more question. Most of the time I've been playing theHunter on Win7, what experience have you playing this game on Win10? Any problems?
Never had any (OS related) issues, been playing the game on Windows 10 for three years now.
Image Image Image
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

MetalMind wrote:Hi, I'm building new PC and would like to know if it will handle theHunter Classic well. I mean if that new components will be compatible wiht the old game engine of this game. I just want to make sure to have at least +60 FPS without any lags or strutters. It will include:

Intel-core-i7-9700k-octa-core-4-9ghz-12mb-14mn-box-bx80684i79700k

Gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-windforce-8g-8gb-gddr6-256-bit-3xhdmi-3xdp-usb-c-box

Mainboard: Gigabyte-z390-gaming-x

Ddr4-16-gb-3200mhz

PSU: Silentiumpc-supremo-fm2-gold-750w

Any ideas? Or maybe some of you have similar PC specs and can answer if theHunter Classic performs well?

Thanks.
I would personally consider 1080Ti instead of RTX 2070 if you are planning to play on 1080p for some time..I would take the best from its own category (1080Ti or 2080Ti), but that is just me..Win 10 is a good system and I would never go back to 7.
Cheers!
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I think building a pc with new actualized hardware wont really give you any troubles in compatibility, what can sometimes cause compatibility issues with old games are the OS, but as was mentioned The Hunter can run fine in W7 and W10, now when choosing an OS something you may want consider is if The Hunter is the oldest game that you plan to play on the pc, and if you plan to play older games then check if they are compatible with the latest OS, another useful option is to make partitions in your hard disk, then you can install W7,W10, and Linux etc all at the same time and use the one you need.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

wait till summer and the new amd chips are out. its only a few months away then its win win. you either get more cores with matched intel ipc for gaming. or you get a faster cheaper intel set up. right now is not the time to upgrade.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”