New PC building

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Ludante
Outfitter

Re: New PC building

Post by Ludante »

If you are an Intel fan I think the 8700k is also fine alternative as well. Still a good gaming cpu, mobos are not so expensive, 6 cores & 12 threads for multitasking, up to 4.7Ghz, MSI Z370 GAMING M5 would be a decent choice and cpu 750w is also enough. Not sure for 9700k but for 9900k they recommend a slightly higher psu like 850W. Just saying..
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

the new amd cpus summer time are supposed to be as fast as intel cpus and cheaper. wait till summer only few months.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

ronMctube wrote:the new amd cpus summer time are supposed to be as fast as intel cpus and cheaper. wait till summer only few months.
It's weird, even though price and performance might end up being better, there's something inside me that just wouldn't let me do it. Same goes for graphics cards. There's no logical argument or defence for it, but I honestly couldn't ever make the jump. Even if that means paying extra forevermore. One of those inexplicable loyalties.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

caledonianblues wrote:One of those inexplicable loyalties.
Yeah, I got a one of those too. It's called marriage... :?
Image Image Image
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:One of those inexplicable loyalties.
Yeah, I got a one of those too. It's called marriage... :?
Are you sure your wife does not read the forum? :lol:
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

To be honest, AMD is doing a pretty good job lately, but there is always something missing and Intel and Nvidia always make this extra effort to make the following product better. Ray tracing is just an example, and the high end gpu from Nvidia is always better than high-end gpu from AMD by far. New Vega VII is a good GPU but it is not competitive with Nvidia still (should be at least 20% cheaper by my opinion).

New Ryzen will be a bomb, but I believe that Intel will be pulling something from their sleeve at the same time as well.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Yes, i have a similar thing as David.
I always had Intel and it has worked perfectly.
Years ago when i got into gaming i had a lot of talks with other people who game aswell. They all had bad experience with AMD so that is why i never had a good feeling for AMD.
Lately they did very good in terms of CPU's, maybe one day i will try a ryzen CPU ;).

On topic though, you will be fine, totally, it's actually much more than you will ever need.
But you might still get some lagg, and that has nothing to do with your pc but the game itself.
I have a i7 3770K with a 1060 6Gb and i do get lagg aswell, it's just sometimes when there are a lot of animals nearby, especially the furry ones (bear, wolves etc).
you can expect 60fps minimum atleast 90% of the times, but it will drop in some areas and on certain moments.

Have fun with ur new pc, i would go for a 1440p screen since i have had 1080p for years now.

Dark
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i guess some here havent been keeping up with whats happening with the new amd cpus. basically as many know intel for gaming are superior. but...thats only mainly because of the ipc which upto ryzen chips is about 15 performance behind. the new zen 2 chips out this summer have basically closed that gap. so if you work that out logically you will be getting more cores and the matched ipc means that they will be very good. maybe better than some intel really fast gaming chips but cost a whole lot less. i only put in here about waiting for a couple of months because they have a £200 dollar cpu beating a 9900k. would be silly unless you obviously cant wait or it isnt a must waiting a little while as you will end up with a better gaming cpu for that small wait and better cost.

ryzen did well they are okay. i dont get how a newer faster cpu its not the same as ryzen will be a bomb.

i have many pcs and most are intel. so its not somekind of fanboyism. just trying to save some people some money who may waste it upgrading now. ;)
MetalMind
Outfitter

Post by MetalMind »

Too late, I bought it a month ago :)

How is that possible that on Timbergold and Piccabeen when there is a lot of animals nearby the FPS drop to even 40? When I shoot the gun, the FPS back to normal. ON THAT SPECS? :lol:

Many never games runs smooth on ultra settings, no problems at all. I even tried COTW for 90 minutes on ultra settings, 60 FPS all the time.

Any of you guys have similar problems with high end rigs on those two reserves? :)
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

MetalMind wrote:Too late, I bought it a month ago :)

How is that possible that on Timbergold and Piccabeen when there is a lot of animals nearby the FPS drop to even 40? When I shoot the gun, the FPS back to normal. ON THAT SPECS? :lol:

Many never games runs smooth on ultra settings, no problems at all. I even tried COTW for 90 minutes on ultra settings, 60 FPS all the time.

Any of you guys have similar problems with high end rigs on those two reserves? :)
Mine is not a "high end rig" but I can confirm that FPS is lower than it should at times on both those reserves; at those times, you can check your resource usage and it's not topping either cpu or gpu, so it must be some sort of lack of optimization.
Spoiler:

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”