Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

I watched some video of this yesterday......This game is awesome......I hope it comes to PC,I would purchase it in a minute :mrgreen:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by SoftShoe »

I am not much of a console person but we have 1 of all the major ones in the house (the kids love em of course). I played the original RDR & it was a helluva good game! It was never made available for PC so I wouldnt be surprised if RDR2 isnt either. Still, as much time as they have put into development of it they would be foolish to ignore the potential revenue of the PC market.

I am eagerly awaiting its release & will be buying it directly. As you said the videos do look amazing & I expect it to be even better than the 1st one.

Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Picked up the game on release day. Playing it on my X. Absolute gem of a game. I 100%'ed the first one and will be doing so with this one too. My favorite part about the game is the depth and immersion they've brought into the hunting/fishing. I mean, it's no simulator but still fun stalkin' around with the longbow and lettin arrows fly. Love how they added the part where the animals don't necessarily die right away and squirm around a bit until you finish em off. Adds to the realism. My main source of income is going to come from hunting/fishing. I'm planning on role-playing as a master hunter. Already roaming around with the legendary bear hat and going to work towards unlocking all the legendary hunter outfits. Also can't wait for multiplayer. If you're on Xbox, feel free to add me as a friend... my gamertag is Scythe29.
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

bought it at midnight on the day of release, up to chapter 4 but have spent a lot of my time free roaming hunting and fishing, I'm very impressed by the amount of detail they put into those aspects.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

That's a massive list of animals to hunt! :o
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

looks great might give it a go on pc if it arrives eventually. its funny how the man hrs per week kicked up a storm and so did the profits. 725m in the first weekend of launch.
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

Nothing new, such numbers was expected.
They from first introduction mentioned hunting, so its main part in-game. Really nice :)
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Just hope it´s done well. A lot of games have "hunting" these days but it´s so pointless in Far Cry. Red dead redemption was slightly better but not much. People complain a lot about the realism of Red dead Redemption 2 and the slow tempo and accurate gun modelling so it may actually be some fun. As I understand it you need to research where to shoot it and it´s not the traditional headshots that is key? Shadow of the tombraider also foregone that for heart/lung that was kind of cool to see. Assassins Creed Odyssey is all about head shots though.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”