Generation Zero Beta

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Re: Generation Zero Beta

Post by ehr_kimahn »

Yes, generation zero, it's thehunter : primal but without dinosaurs. I tested the beta version. The atmosphere was very good, but I had some performance problems on my computer.

I’m waiting for the release of the PS4 version to see.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Upgrade your pc instead. Cant wait to try. Primal did not impress at all.
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

Primal is the best hunting game by EW, but on the end it was busted. And generation zero has taken the same path. The critics of the players and journalists are very negative. The game is missed, the first notes of the journalists are 3/10.

What a disappointment this game had real potential on paper. In addition, there is a controversy over the plagiarism of the work of Simon Stalenhag

Image Image
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

It does appear to be early access. Anyway will try it out later this week.
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

this game is nothing for me ... seems not make fun in solo play.
the map would be nice with animals -> cotw dlc!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I was genuinely excited about Generation Zero, and wanted to love it. I had watched a couple of beta videos on YouTube and thought it promised great atmosphere, sound, visuals and gameplay. Sound and visuals are great, but that's where it ends. Unfortunately the game just lacks purpose or direction, and as a result is very monotonous.

I guess it could be fun in coop with the right players, but in my opinion it just feels very uninspired. I understand that studios want to re-use assets, but doing so just for the sake of churning out another game ultimately ends in disappointment. So many lessons should have been learned and applied to this game. Another promising title with dreadful reviews just hours after its release. Can't be much fun to be a developer reading the comments and reviews.
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

caledonianblues wrote:I was genuinely excited about Generation Zero, and wanted to love it. I had watched a couple of beta videos on YouTube and thought it promised great atmosphere, sound, visuals and gameplay. Sound and visuals are great, but that's where it ends. Unfortunately the game just lacks purpose or direction, and as a result is very monotonous.

I guess it could be fun in coop with the right players, but in my opinion it just feels very uninspired. I understand that studios want to re-use assets, but doing so just for the sake of churning out another game ultimately ends in disappointment. So many lessons should have been learned and applied to this game. Another promising title with dreadful reviews just hours after its release. Can't be much fun to be a developer reading the comments and reviews.
same old story ... but what did they realy made wrong? ... they just do this 10 years long in the same way ... not the studio! ... the stupid gamers because they can´t wait and must buy or preorder it.

and it´s a joke to hear of the steam `"first day reviews"

i would like to update my reserves with last sales of large epuipment ... but without any information were the road of theHunter classic or theHunter Zero futures goes?

i save my money and play this old game
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

Somehow expected better product.. Game with 60% keyboard not works.
No time to wait and search for answers.. refunded without thinking.
Also so much negative reviews... I was like o.O
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

caledonianblues wrote:...in my opinion it just feels very uninspired.
I watched the trailers on Steam and thought these kids are completely emotionless. They act like robots themselves. Quite the opposite of what you would expect of young, frightened folks that realize they are going for an uphill battle and will certainly face death around them and can even die themselves.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

So far nobody likes it is what I gathered. Mail service has been absurdly slow but must get it tomorrow. But at this point I will probably return it.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”