Playing on a mac

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
chinook2835
Tracker

Playing on a mac

Post by chinook2835 »

I’m probably getting a MAC for school and I was wondering what if possible are the steps to play the hunter on it,im not sure if this has been covered and I just couldn’t find it or if this even belongs in general chat but if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Playing on a mac

Post by Fletchette »

I've heard that setting up a dual boot (Mac OS and Windows) works, but I've never done it myself because I'm not a criminal and have never been sentenced to having a MAC as punishment.
Personal Bests...
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

go to public school, most of them use windows.... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

chinook2835
Tracker

Post by chinook2835 »

lol it’s Almost an unwritten rule that you get a MacBook for post secondary here so, they even recommnend it on their websites so I figuered I’d have to get one is it confusing to set it up so that u can play the hunter or would someone recommend a good laptop that can double for school use and handle the hunter?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Fletchette wrote:I'm not a criminal and have never been sentenced to having a MAC as punishment.
:lol:
That's how I feel about it too!
chinook2835 wrote:would someone recommend a good laptop that can double for school use and handle the hunter?
Laptops are good for reading and viewing material anywhere you are, but not that comfortable for producing documents or even playing games. If you really want to play games then get a desktop with a large screen, a normal size keyboard and most importantly a mouse. Also desktops have a much better quality to cost ratio, meaning for a lot less money you get a much better computer and you can actually enjoy the beauty of the game.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
chinook2835
Tracker

Post by chinook2835 »

HooCairs wrote:
Fletchette wrote:I'm not a criminal and have never been sentenced to having a MAC as punishment.
:lol:
That's how I feel about it too!
chinook2835 wrote:would someone recommend a good laptop that can double for school use and handle the hunter?
Laptops are good for reading and viewing material anywhere you are, but not that comfortable for producing documents or even playing games. If you really want to play games then get a desktop with a large screen, a normal size keyboard and most importantly a mouse. Also desktops have a much better quality to cost ratio, meaning for a lot less money you get a much better computer and you can actually enjoy the beauty of the game.
I’m actually used to playing with a laptop with a mouse and I’ve enjoyed it,I’m not a fan of the pc because it can be inconvenient for school and studying and plus the hunter is the only game I’m gonna let myself play or frankly that I want to play so Getting a pc is out of the question for sure tho I’m not very fond of buying a Mac it is highly recommended by a lot of the people that are a year ahead of me
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

id suggest getting a decent windows laptop, the price you pay for a mac, you can get a laptop that will dominate it and i highly doubt the material needed for school will be exclusively available on apple devices it would just be financially unfair for the students and straight up backward
chinook2835
Tracker

Post by chinook2835 »

L3M182 wrote:id suggest getting a decent windows laptop, the price you pay for a mac, you can get a laptop that will dominate it and i highly doubt the material needed for school will be exclusively available on apple devices it would just be financially unfair for the students and straight up backward

It’s very backwards and I was honestly looking at the Microsoft surface laptops and they were a better price but trying to compare the specs to the requirements of the game were gibberish to me so it all left me very confused
Last edited by Seifer on August 22nd, 2018, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted vulgarity.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

If you have enough space on your ssd or hd you can set up Boot camp. Also depending on which gpu you have installed/integrated.

https://support.apple.com/en-ae/boot-camp
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”