What brand-model of earphones/headphones do you use?

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Threwlys
Tracker

What brand-model of earphones/headphones do you use?

Post by Threwlys »

Guys, what in your opinion are the best headphones/earphones to use (single player)?

I have used the apple earphones. They are great, comfortable, crystal clear sound, but i'm thinking that must be others much better to use when hunting.

What brand-model do you have? If you had enough money, what would you buy?
Seifer
Hunter

Re: What brand-model of earphones/headphones do you use?

Post by Seifer »

Right now I'm using some Logitech G633's. They claim to be 7.1 surround sound but I think the stereo is a better description. They're ok but I might look to Razer for my next headset.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Logitech G930 wireless, but my issue is no headphones I've tried are loud enough, my hearing sucks. Also G500 something mouse because they work together but sadly it's lost a critical function and needs replaced so it's on my crap list at the moment. - And agreed with Siefer on the 7.1- I don't think the game is optimized for it maybe? but setting up the surround sound DOES help you locate the direction a sound is coming from that you won't get from a speaker setup- I use a simple surround sound system with 4 speakers and woofer that provides the volume I need that I can't get with any of the 4-5 headsets I've tried. Only time I use a headset is playing MP with friends but I am even thinking of just getting a mic for that as well- YOu don't have to spend much to get a good one. The quality of today's cheap stuff is so far beyond what used to be big bucks that costs have really come down. Keep in mind my gaming days start back with WIndows 3.1 and a stick of 8mb of video RAM I once paid $350 for so I could play games since 8mb wasn't enough and had to upgrade to 16 - But man, when I got the latest hotrod Pentium 75mhz machine and Win 95 boy we set the world on fire! :lol: :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Mine are some old CM STORM CERES, very good, but very used so i should change them soon, but man they sound good and look good.
Edit: If you want a brand to get equipment for gaming, probably Razer is the most traditional, but not the cheapest, they make from mouse to headphones, all for gaming computers.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Moved to Off Topic - Tech Talk
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

id look at some reviews read into what you want need.many big brands are not that good at all.razer are actually pretty crap.logitech pretty decent for price.depends what you after sound quality.stereo. 5.1 / 7.1 .

budget with anything is everything.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Using since years only hifi stereo overears..

Most times beyerdynamic DT880 ( 600Ω ) for gaming/hunting, atm also rarely using my music headphones beyerdynamic T1 ( second generation, 600Ω ) for gaming. Sound(-quality) is awesome and x-times better than any gaming earphone/headphone, but your ears need a few hours to get used to it ..its no bathtub setup, more at the audiophile side of sound. (production quality is german standard)
I can wear both over hours and hours without any problem, even with glasses. With stereo i can locate the direction and distance of the animals real exact.

But in the end, its all about personal preference and how much you will (or can) pay for it.. Try a few, and you will get your one sooner or later
If you wanna try beyerdynamic.. https://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-DT8 ... B0024NK35S and https://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-Gen ... B015ACX03G
Spoiler:
A few years old pic of the hp's..

Last edited by \m/ on August 14th, 2018, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now offline. Forever.
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

Actually those earbuds are great if you are OK with how they feel, if the only reason to switch is is you want Over-The-Ear cans for more comfort closed-back will be better for gaming, otherwise the Apple earbuds are very good. IMHO stay away from Skullcandy, Beats, RockPapa, etc, way overpriced and the sound sucks.

Logitech are good for the price. Unless the headphones have 5 or 7 connections they are stereo. The actual 5.1/7.1 have that many connections to plug into your soundcard, if they don't then they are stereo - digitally converted to 5.1/7.1. That's the USB 'soundcard' and most do a good job, in fact often better than those with 5 speakers in each ear. Open back vs closed back - Open back like Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic are more audiophile type for music although they work you have more ambient noise, although in a quiet environment they are superior. Closed back, Logitech virtually any Headset is probably going to be what you're looking for, although not great for music they work very well for gaming. Again if you're happy with the earbuds stick to them. No headset is going to make a huge change over the earbuds in sound quality only in looks and comfort.
\m/ wrote:Using since years only hifi stereo overears..

Most times beyerdynamic DT880 ( 600Ω ) for gaming/hunting, atm also rarely using my music headphones beyerdynamic T1 ( second generation, 600Ω ) for gaming. Sound(-quality) is awesome and x-times better than any gaming earphone/headphone, but your ears need a few hours to get used to it ..its no bathtub setup, more at the audiophile side of sound. (production quality is german standard)
I can wear both over hours and hours without any problem, even with glasses. With stereo i can locate the direction and distance of the animals real exact.

But in the end, its all about personal preference and how much you will (or can) pay for it.. Try a few, and you will get your one sooner or later
If you wanna try beyerdynamic.. https://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-DT8 ... B0024NK35S and https://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-Gen ... B015ACX03G
Have to agree those are great headphones with amazing sound, although I still like the Senns. :D Remember your computer can not drive a 600 Ohm headset. The PC speakers are only 4Ω-8Ω, so you would need an amp like shown in \m/'s pic.
Last edited by Hawkeye on August 14th, 2018, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Reggy wrote:
\m/ wrote:Using since years only hifi stereo overears..

Have to agree those are great headphones with amazing sound, although I still like the Senns. :D Remember your computer can not drive a 600 Ohm headset. The PC speakers are only 4Ω-8Ω, so you would need an amp like shown in \m/'s pic.
DT880s are available with 600Ω (= headamp for best sound) or 250Ω (= most actual soundcards can handle them easily) or 32Ω (= mobile version).
But you are right, no standard soundcard can handle 600Ω without problems like low volume and bad dynamic sound etc. For a normal setup i would choose the 250Ω version, should be loud enough on most soundcards.

Senns? You are talking about these musty sounding things which are sometimes also called headphones? :D But still better than gaming headphones. :D
Last edited by \m/ on August 14th, 2018, 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Now offline. Forever.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

beyers are great headphones.depends if how you want your sound.you can get cheap headphone amps and such.really is down to cost and what you want.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”