Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by caledonianblues »

Zed McJack wrote:It looks that no one of the guys here at The Hunter played RDR2 on console or is too lazy to give us insight about hunting in RDR2?
Since it has been out on console for a while, you could always just search on YouTube to find what you're looking for.
Zed McJack
Hunter

Post by Zed McJack »

caledonianblues wrote:
Zed McJack wrote:It looks that no one of the guys here at The Hunter played RDR2 on console or is too lazy to give us insight about hunting in RDR2?
Since it has been out on console for a while, you could always just search on YouTube to find what you're looking for.
I dont wanna spoil the story and such video would lack the impressions of the guys that played the Hunter and could give proper comparision.
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

Preordered game, i hope hunting will be epic :))
BigGameHunter_21
Scout

Post by BigGameHunter_21 »

pastuh wrote:Preordered game, i hope hunting will be epic :))
Haven’t seen this thread, hunting in red dead is kind of weak. You can run into range for auto aim and just blast them, try for the bolt rifle and varmint and you’ll be good. One shot kills give best pelts and if you shoot a 3 star with the wrong gun or twice the pelt will sell for less.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Is autoaim mandatory?
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Its released. Really taxing. 2560*1080 I could run att max settings att around 52 fps. Didnt take long for a bluescreen though so not sure how playable it is.
wt_hunting
Scout

Post by wt_hunting »

Just got a driver update for my Nvidia GPU, specifically for RDR2, which means its being released for PC. I think today. I wonder if its going to be on Steam?
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

wt_hunting wrote:Just got a driver update for my Nvidia GPU, specifically for RDR2, which means its being released for PC. I think today. I wonder if its going to be on Steam?
The developers have stated a Steam release is expected to happen in December.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

It was released yesterday. There is a world outside of Steam. But Valve is the good guys tbh :p
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

BigGameHunter_21 wrote:
pastuh wrote:Preordered game, i hope hunting will be epic :))
Haven’t seen this thread, hunting in red dead is kind of weak. You can run into range for auto aim and just blast them, try for the bolt rifle and varmint and you’ll be good. One shot kills give best pelts and if you shoot a 3 star with the wrong gun or twice the pelt will sell for less.
It works quite well to roleplay though. I turned doen autoaim but I suspect there still is some.

Neck and headshot for best quality?

It has similar tracking system. You can use bait but no callers I believe.

Ultra light hunting simulator but the overall pace of the game makes me sneak just because. Everything happens in slomo. You actually move faster by foot in classic and cotw.

Its an excellent walking simulator. Absolutely gorgeous. Metro exodus looks better but different scale and environments.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”