Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Hynu
Tracker

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Hynu »

Not on PC yet... so I can't try it :D
Zed McJack
Hunter

Post by Zed McJack »

I hope the RDR2 will eventually come to PC from what I read and saw the game is fantastic. Cant wait :D

Could it be that one of the reasons for The hunter going FTP be RDR2 hunting?
Did anyone played it and hunted? What are the similarities and differences?
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Rdr 2 is made by Rockstar not EW and is a totally different type of game in a different genre.
Zed McJack
Hunter

Post by Zed McJack »

knott wrote:Rdr 2 is made by Rockstar not EW and is a totally different type of game in a different genre.
I didnt say its made by EW.
I read that it contains hunting, and if you can get excellent story in western environment + hunting for 60$ that is pretty good competition aint it? Altough I dont know how hunting works in RDR2, but from what I read there are tons of weapons and species to hunt.
Thats why I am asking has anyone played RDR2 on console so can share his/her impressions here.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

If going by rdr and what I seen its about as developed as in far cry or horizon zero dawn. You just shoot stuff to collect skins there is not much to it.

Should be able to find it for less then 60$ I am sure its worth it but if you are after hunting there is better titles.
Zed McJack
Hunter

Post by Zed McJack »

knott wrote:If going by rdr and what I seen its about as developed as in far cry or horizon zero dawn. You just shoot stuff to collect skins there is not much to it.

Should be able to find it for less then 60$ I am sure its worth it but if you are after hunting there is better titles.
Im not so sure about it...
Look at this page https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadre ... s/wildlife

Wildlife

The diverse habitats and climates of Red Dead Redemption 2 are home to around 200 species of animals, birds and fish, all of which behave and respond to their environment in a unique way.

Deer, bison and pronghorn traverse the plains in large herds, scavengers quickly sniff out carrion, sockeye salmon leap upstream, wolves attack in packs surrounding their prey, geese fly in fixed formations, possums play dead, rodents scamper into tree hollows, grizzly bears bluff charge when threatened, and birds of prey soar on thermals. They all form part of a complex ecosystem and must continually fight for their place on the food chain. The wilderness is at once a bountiful and perilous place, for both man and beast, and any predator can quickly turn prey.

Hunting & Fishing

Hunting and fishing are essential skills for survival in the wilderness, providing food, materials and a source of income. A huge variety of fish swim the many rivers, lakes and streams, and selecting the right bait or lure is key to a successful day’s haul. Tracking an animal takes focus and patience; move carefully and watch the wind direction or you will alert your prey. Choice of weapon and shot placement are also very important and will affect the quality of the meat and pelt, which in turn affects the price that traders will pay for them. Make sure to pick the right gauge of rifle for the size of animal that you’re hunting, or master the use of the bow for a quiet and clean kill.

After a successful hunt, you can either skin and butcher the animal on the spot or take it with you whole. Just try not to leave it too long or the scavengers will come looking. Skins, parts, meat and entire carcasses can all be loaded onto your horse to be sold to the butchers in town, taken back to camp for the stew pot, or crafted into clothing or other items. Nature amply provides and there is no reason to ever go cold or hungry.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Not long left now for us PC People. I preordered the special edition. Any hunting tips?
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

knott wrote:Not long left now for us PC People. I preordered the special edition. Any hunting tips?
Exciting news indeed. I also pre-ordered it. Can't wait to play it.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Just looked at some trailers of it . Looks pretty damn good !!
Also looks like a pretty complete game , gameplay wise . All kinds of stuff to experience !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Zed McJack
Hunter

Post by Zed McJack »

I havent preordered yet as I am not so sure it will run on my old laptop, so I might need new PC first.
It looks that no one of the guys here at The Hunter played RDR2 on console or is too lazy to give us insight about hunting in RDR2?

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”