Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Giuh
Spotter

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Giuh »

Hawkeye wrote:All that being said, the Online aspect of the game is not worth touching. For monetary reasons, too many features from the SP experience are removed to encourage microtransactions in online. There are zero microtransactions in the SP game.
Sounds like the same case as RDR 1.

I'd love to play it but will hope for a PC version, since I don't have a console anymore. Years ago I bought the PS3 just because of RDR, and was absolutely worth it.
Since 2012 sucking at theHunter :D
Spoiler:
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Giuh wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:All that being said, the Online aspect of the game is not worth touching. For monetary reasons, too many features from the SP experience are removed to encourage microtransactions in online. There are zero microtransactions in the SP game.
Sounds like the same case as RDR 1.

I'd love to play it but will hope for a PC version, since I don't have a console anymore. Years ago I bought the PS3 just because of RDR, and was absolutely worth it.
I'm pretty sure it's scheduled for a PC release, but will be several months away. I played it on PS4 Pro, and it's a beautiful game in HDR. I would advise that when you do eventually get to play it, don't look up anything. Spoilers are everywhere, and this game is so much better when you discover things on your own. The game has a true sense of discovery and exploration that is lacking in so many open world games. You will have random encounters that are unique to YOUR own game.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Have they fixed the hdr? That feature was borked and people got better results not running it. Also people that know how to calibrate monitors.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

https://youtu.be/tQ-Sj37cgWc

They will fix the hdr :)
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

I absolutely love the story portion of the game. It's been a long time since my emotions have been put through the wringer like this one did. Not to mention all the internal 'mini games'. Hunting, Fishing, Poker, Domino's, Knife roulette.

That being said, I despise the online version. Nothing but kiddy (attitude wise) griefers and exploiters. I miss the old PVP games where griefing had a negative aspect that a community could enforce. I also hate the fact tag id's are the displayed names instead of your character name. Nothing like exploring the wilderness and running into XWETPANTIES!!!X emote humping their latest victim, XILIKRODSX
Spoiler:

Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

knott wrote:https://youtu.be/tQ-Sj37cgWc

They will fix the hdr :)
I'm a simple man. I turn on HDR and it looks better. I turn it off and it no longer looks better. I was actually surprised to read that there were issues. The game is stunningly beautiful.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Most got better picture without hdr but personal preferences of course :)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Just eagerly awaiting the PC release. Refuse to break down and buy for PS4.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

If you would break down you should break down and get a xbox one x. Much better performance. I am holding firm though but just bought a 2080 ti for waaaaaay to much money and it´s itching for it :p
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

knott wrote:If you would break down you should break down and get a xbox one x. Much better performance. I am holding firm though but just bought a 2080 ti for waaaaaay to much money and it´s itching for it :p
I don't play console games, that's the thing. I got a PS4 a few years ago just to play the Uncharted games, but the truth is I'm a keyboard and mouse sort of guy. If I was to play RDR2 on console I would either want a PS4 Pro so I can play at 4K, or as you suggested, an Xbox One X. I would rather just wait and play it on PC. I too have a rig just itching for a game like that.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”