Hardware to run theHunter

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Hardware to run theHunter

Post by ronMctube »

budget is the key. from what i looked at the people you getting it from they sell over priced rubbish.is the pc on finance ?

ideally if you building a pc now to keep either a modern i5 or amd ryzen cpu based system and atleast a 1060gb (6gb version not the 3)

cotw is quite a pig to run performance wise if you want things turned up.1060 will max out 1080 with about 50-60fps constant.you can get more fps by lowering things.thats more than enough to play call of the wild its pretty slow paced anyway.
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

I suggest GTX1060 6GB , not 3GB.
Also cheaper Palit manufacturer :)
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

No not financed..... I only have a Laptop to play on now which runs Classic on high but gets hot even with a cooling board and an external fan and eventually the thing will be burnt out.... so what I need to look out for is min 1060 Graphic card. I really have no clue when it comes to computers except to turn on and off :?
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

get your budget of what you can actually spend together.add what you need.location.then people can suggest what you can get in your budget.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Schlachtwolf wrote:No not financed..... I only have a Laptop to play on now which runs Classic on high but gets hot even with a cooling board and an external fan and eventually the thing will be burnt out.... so what I need to look out for is min 1060 Graphic card. I really have no clue when it comes to computers except to turn on and off :?
I have the same story- my laptop toasted out so went to the desktop - I went with a Zotac gtx1060 mini 6gb (looks to be about $100 cheaper than when I bought mine) - I chose it because no worry about if it will fit or not - it will fit- It had good reviews (currently 4.6 out of 5 over 5000 reviews), good price and availability. Best money I've ever spent on a upgrade. The other sometimes overlooked item is a good high quality PSU (at least a gold) - buy a good one and never worry about it again.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

My bubget is around 1000€ with a monitor, so will that be enough to get a decent setup in Germany ?

iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

Schlachtwolf wrote:My bubget is around 1000€ with a monitor, so will that be enough to get a decent setup in Germany ?
All you need is a screwdriver ;)
And you can buy one or two at Hagebaumarkt or toom for the money you’ve saved!

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/VkDJgw
Spoiler:
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

ok guys the dirty deed is done.....I have a new tower pc with..... drumroll.... A intel 7 whatever processor 8 core, Nivida GTX 1060 6gb, 500w powersupply and other stuff that I don't (want) understand. It was built by a mate of our farrier who works for a PC firm and look after some big companys in the north of Germany so the only thing I really had to buy was the graphic card as he has several clients who automatically get new PC's every 2 years to write off against tax. Some of the PC's are hardly used and never "played out" so he was able to put it all together, if I was to buy that in a shop here it would be well over a grand.... and if anything does go "puff" well we have a ready supply of spare parts :lol: :lol:
Ialso got an ASUS gaming monitor 24 zoll (I think that has something to do with the screen) 1ms DVI and lots of other things I don't understand, a nice Keyboard and gaming mouse...... pheeww. Total cost 650€.... AND IT WORKS LIKE A DREAM. It is all housed in a Sharkoon Gaming tower with redlights and sparkly bits.... 8-)
For the first time I can hunt in the highest settings and play Call of the Wild.... strange game that it is..... :o
Many thx to all who gave me some input and at least I could roll off a few things that seemed to convince my mate that I knew what I was talking about....
Hope to see you in a high detail MP soon !!!
Cheers
Schlachtwolf

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Schlachtwolf wrote: Ialso got an ASUS gaming monitor 24 zoll (I think that has something to do with the screen)
Yes, 24 zoll = 24 INCHES....The diagonal measurement of the screen.

It's in inches because it's designed and intended for use by humans... :P
Personal Bests...
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Fletchette wrote:It's in inches because it's designed and intended for use by humans... :P
Global map of humans (red areas) 8-)

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”