Hardware to run theHunter

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Hardware to run theHunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

I am currently trying to piece together a new pc to play theHunter and a few other games. I was wondering if the following setup would be a good setup. Keep in mind I plan to overclock.

CPU and cooler: Ryzen 5 1600 with Wraith Stealth Cooler

Memory (I plan to upgrade later when RAM prices go down): 8GB of DDR4 @2666 MHz

Motherboard: MSI X470 GPLUS

GPU: Radeon RX 580 8GB

Power Supply: 650w MasterWatt

Storage: 2TB Hard Drive

Operating System: Windows 10
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Hardware to run theHunter

Post by Fletchette »

Assuming your planning running at only 1080p resolution (1920x1080), then it should be fine. Personally I'd go with a GTX 1060 (or maybe 1050ti) rather than the RX 580. Price is close and so is performance in most games, but the GTX 1060 uses MUCH less power and thus produces MUCH less heat.
Personal Bests...
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Fletchette wrote:Assuming your planning running at only 1080p resolution (1920x1080), then it should be fine. Personally I'd go with a GTX 1060 (or maybe 1050ti) rather than the RX 580. Price is close and so is performance in most games, but the GTX 1060 uses MUCH less power and thus produces MUCH less heat.
I am also on the upgrade..... what do you make of this setup....I know NOTHING about computers :lol: :lol: :lol: Cost is 799€ with screen and keyboard....

Brand Name Megaport
Item Weight 14 Kg
Package Dimensions 58 x 58 x 38 cm
Manufacturer reference 23-DE
Color 22" LED 8x4.2 GTX1050Ti 16GB Win10
Screen Size 56 centimetres
Display Resolution Maximum 1080p Full HD
Processor Brand AMD
Processor Type 68000
Processor Speed 4200 MHz
Processor Count 8
RAM Size 16 GB
Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive Size 1000 GB
Hard Disk Description HDD 7200 rpm
Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA-600
Graphics Coprocessor Nvidia GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB GDDR5
Graphics Card Description Nvidia GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort; DirectX12
Graphics RAM Type DRAM
Graphics Card Ram Size 4 GB
Graphics Card Interface PCI-E
Hardware Platform PC
Operating System Windows 10
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Schlachtwolf wrote:
Fletchette wrote:Assuming your planning running at only 1080p resolution (1920x1080), then it should be fine. Personally I'd go with a GTX 1060 (or maybe 1050ti) rather than the RX 580. Price is close and so is performance in most games, but the GTX 1060 uses MUCH less power and thus produces MUCH less heat.
I am also on the upgrade..... what do you make of this setup....I know NOTHING about computers :lol: :lol: :lol: Cost is 799€ with screen and keyboard....

Brand Name Megaport
Item Weight 14 Kg
Processor Brand AMD
Processor Type 68000
Processor Speed 4200 MHz
Processor Count 8
RAM Size 16 GB
Hard Drive Size 1000 GB
Graphics Card Description Nvidia GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort; DirectX12
Graphics RAM Type DRAM
Hardware Platform PC
Well, I don't know what an AMD 68000 is, so I can't comment on that. 1050TI is OK, and so is 16GB RAM (you might what to check the RAM speed). 1 TB hard drive is a bit small these days, but is fine if you don't plan on storing a lot of video or pictures or music. You should also find how many WATTS the power supply (PSU) is. And finally you may want to look at the specs on the monitor that is included, (Response Time, contract ratio, ect.).

799€ ($935) for that PC would be pretty high here in the U.S., but I know you guys pay a lot more over there for a variety of reasons.
Personal Bests...
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

dont go with that cpu over the ryzen.ryzen alot better . with ryzen you want atleast 3200mhz good ram .the better the ram really helps.dont neglect it.or ryzen chips can perform terrible.

1050ti is not bad but a 1060 is a lot faster than one. also try and get a 6gb one if you can fit it in your budget.

i wouldnt buy that pc for that price.you could get a ryzen set up for the same with better ram and probably better gpu.
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

Fletchette wrote:
Schlachtwolf wrote:

Brand Name Megaport
Item Weight 14 Kg
Processor Brand AMD
Processor Type 68000
Processor Speed 4200 MHz
Processor Count 8
RAM Size 16 GB
Hard Drive Size 1000 GB
Graphics RAM Type DRAM
Hardware Platform PC
Well, I don't know what an AMD 68000 is, so I can't comment on that. 1050TI is OK, and so is 16GB RAM (you might what to check the RAM speed). 1 TB hard drive is a bit small these days, but is fine if you don't plan on storing a lot of video or pictures or music. You should also find how many WATTS the power supply (PSU) is. And finally you may want to look at the specs on the monitor that is included, (Response Time, contract ratio, ect.).

799€ ($935) for that PC would be pretty high here in the U.S., but I know you guys pay a lot more over there for a variety of reasons.
I think the processor he is referring to is the A10-6800 which was on socket FM2, a few years outdated but a viable budget option today. The only problem with them is they ran VERY hot.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Thx for the info guys, I will keep looking...... really great help here in the forum :D 8-)

DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

Hello. Both of those setups will smash the settings for TheHunter classic.
But if you go with Ryzen and I suggest you do because of longer chip set life and so on. Make sure to get 2,999 MHz and faster because it requires faster speeds for some reason to run at full potential.
That being said I know you plan to overclock and the setup you intend on building will run most modern games pretty well at 1080p. But unless you plan to add water cooling and other fancy gadgets you are going overboard on your gpu. 450w or bronze or 500w bronze will handle it plenty enough. And like others have said I would look the the 1060 or 1060ti.
Schlachtwolf that one is built more as a multi purpose pc. For like video editing and streaming your game play it should run most games but will stress out on some high end ones that are pcu heavy.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

So this is my new configuration... question will this run theHunter and Call of the Wild?
Brand Name Fierce PC
Item Weight 15 Kg
Manufacturer reference BERAR13X8-12-N1063-CENRE-DRC2410
Color Windows 10, Tastatur (VK/QWERTY), Maus, 24-Zoll-Monitor
Screen Size 24 inches
Processor Brand AMD
Processor Speed 3.70 GHz
Processor Count 4
RAM Size 8 GB
Computer Memory Type DDR4 SDRAM
Hard Drive Size 1 TB
Graphics Card Description NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Hardware Platform PC
Operating System Windows 10 Home

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

When I upgraded my system I turned to FLetchette and David for advisors and they steered me straight. I already had plenty of horsepower system wise but the GFX card was a **** - I bought a new PSU and went with 1060 6gb ddr5 and upgraded my monitor quite a bit and it was night and day. I can run THC wide open no issues whatsoever and I also believe in my head (no idea if it's factual) that it eliminated a lot of issues that a lot of others have regarding bugs.
The main reason for upgrading, I couldn't even start COTW above basement settings. If I turned it up to just mid settings, game wouldn't even load up it was that bad. I can't play COTW totally maxed out, but pretty damn close *not sure how high, haven't played it in a long time, but it's a beauty and smooth as butter* the requirements between the 2 games is night and day, THC doesn't take a whole lot but for maxed out, 1060 runs cool as soft snow, when I fire up COTW, I can feel the difference in the heat no problem :lol: ~ but it's not worth even checking on for temps, it's fine but this is in a full tower with good fans I did upgrade, those are cheap stuff though.
So that's my experience. The price of the 1060 has gotten down to a point it's a great buy imo but that's only because those guys told me to do it - stepping up to the 1080 at the time for the difference in price wouldn't have done a thing for Classic but certainly would respond in COTW - but my priority was THC and decent settings was good enough for the gfx hog that COTW is, but boy does it look great -
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”