Hardware to run theHunter

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Hardware to run theHunter

Post by Fletchette »

HooCairs wrote:
Fletchette wrote:It's in inches because it's designed and intended for use by humans... :P
Global map of humans (red areas) 8-)

Yep, that's about right.... :P

BTW, go to the UK and tell me they use metric. If you rent a car and think the road sign distances and speed limits are in KM and KM/H you'll have some issues driving. And if you ask the average person their height or weight, don't be surprised when they answer in feet, inches, pounds or even stones. They, like many Canadians, are still clinging to their humanity. :D
Personal Bests...
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Fletchette wrote:BTW, go to the UK and tell me they use metric. If you rent a car and think the road sign distances and speed limits are in KM and KM/H you'll have some issues driving. And if you ask the average person their height or weight, don't be surprised when they answer in feet, inches, pounds or even stones. They, like many Canadians, are still clinging to their humanity. :D
Yeah but isn't the UK a colony of Liberia?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Mph who uses KMH :D just to get bigger numbers :lol:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Fletchette wrote:They, like many Canadians, are still clinging to their humanity. :D
Canadians have fully embraced their inhumanity. The only stragglers are a few old snowbirds who fly south for the winter. For their transgressions they are shunned, and doomed. ;)
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Schlachtwolf wrote:
Fletchette wrote:Assuming your planning running at only 1080p resolution (1920x1080), then it should be fine. Personally I'd go with a GTX 1060 (or maybe 1050ti) rather than the RX 580. Price is close and so is performance in most games, but the GTX 1060 uses MUCH less power and thus produces MUCH less heat.
I am also on the upgrade..... what do you make of this setup....I know NOTHING about computers :lol: :lol: :lol: Cost is 799€ with screen and keyboard....

Brand Name Megaport
Item Weight 14 Kg
Package Dimensions 58 x 58 x 38 cm
Manufacturer reference 23-DE
Color 22" LED 8x4.2 GTX1050Ti 16GB Win10
Screen Size 56 centimetres
Display Resolution Maximum 1080p Full HD
Processor Brand AMD
Processor Type 68000
Processor Speed 4200 MHz
Processor Count 8
RAM Size 16 GB
Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive Size 1000 GB
Hard Disk Description HDD 7200 rpm
Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA-600
Graphics Coprocessor Nvidia GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB GDDR5
Graphics Card Description Nvidia GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort; DirectX12
Graphics RAM Type DRAM
Graphics Card Ram Size 4 GB
Graphics Card Interface PCI-E
Hardware Platform PC
Operating System Windows 10

Personally I would not go with anything below Ryzen 5 1600 or i7 7700. Regarding the GPU you probably need minimum GTX 1060 (ZOTAC has cheap mini versions 279$ on Amazon) or RX Vega 56. Do not buy plain RX 580, it is obsolete.

I have ordered couple of days ago a new rig which is in the frames of my budget for high end pc:

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8core (3.7GHz)
GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING (rev 1.0)
XFX AMD RADEON RX VEGA 64 HBM2 8GB 3xDP HDMI (Liquid Cooled)
PSU Corsair CX 750W, Modular, 80 Plus Bronze, 120mm fan
GIGABYTE UD PRO SSD 512GB
DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX Red 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16 1.35V
Corsair computer case Obsidian Series™ 450D

Total cost was 1.900$. I would love to have Intel configuration instead, but for the same or little bit better performance I would need around 800-1000$ more (with gtx 1080 TI probably 1.300$). Plus new monitor with g-Sync. I already own 1080p ASUS VG278Q 144mhz with Free Sync.

I know this could be cheaper, I got it from local online store and they build it for free with 24 hour stress testings.

Anyways, nice to see all the familiar faces here, hope you are all well.

Big hello to theHunter Community :)
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

Ludante wrote:Personally I would not go with anything below Ryzen 5 1600 or i7 7700. Regarding the GPU you probably need minimum GTX 1060 (ZOTAC has cheap mini versions 279$ on Amazon) or RX Vega 56. Do not buy plain RX 580, it is obsolete.
I honestly disagree, I'm currently running the game on High settings on Intel HD Graphics 4600, and the performance is pretty smooth. Just the occasional stutter every now and then. If you are just going to play theHunter, you don't need a very powerful gpu. As for CPU if you don't have the money for a 6 core cpu like a ryzen 1600 or don't want to pay a big premium for an Intel quad core, I would check out AMD's lower end Ryzen lineup. I would suggest that you do not buy anything with fewer than 4 cores though, as games run best when you look as price to performance on quad core CPU's.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Buckkiller4 wrote:
Ludante wrote:Personally I would not go with anything below Ryzen 5 1600 or i7 7700. Regarding the GPU you probably need minimum GTX 1060 (ZOTAC has cheap mini versions 279$ on Amazon) or RX Vega 56. Do not buy plain RX 580, it is obsolete.
I honestly disagree, I'm currently running the game on High settings on Intel HD Graphics 4600, and the performance is pretty smooth. Just the occasional stutter every now and then. If you are just going to play theHunter, you don't need a very powerful gpu. As for CPU if you don't have the money for a 6 core cpu like a ryzen 1600 or don't want to pay a big premium for an Intel quad core, I would check out AMD's lower end Ryzen lineup. I would suggest that you do not buy anything with fewer than 4 cores though, as games run best when you look as price to performance on quad core CPU's.
I respect your opinion regarding the graphics but we obviously live in 2 parallel Universes. In mine it is not very likely that you can play theHunter with intel 4600 graphics smoothly in Timbergold Trails with 1080p resolution and High Settings.

*Unless there were some major fixes and optimizations with the game which I am not familiarized with (I was away for a while).
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Ludante wrote: Personally I would not go with anything below Ryzen 5 1600 or i7 7700. Regarding the GPU you probably need minimum GTX 1060 (ZOTAC has cheap mini versions 279$ on Amazon) or RX Vega 56. Do not buy plain RX 580, it is obsolete.

I have ordered couple of days ago a new rig which is in the frames of my budget for high end pc:

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8core (3.7GHz)
GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING (rev 1.0)
XFX AMD RADEON RX VEGA 64 HBM2 8GB 3xDP HDMI (Liquid Cooled)
PSU Corsair CX 750W, Modular, 80 Plus Bronze, 120mm fan
GIGABYTE UD PRO SSD 512GB
DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX Red 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16 1.35V
Corsair computer case Obsidian Series™ 450D

Total cost was 1.900$. I would love to have Intel configuration instead, but for the same or little bit better performance I would need around 800-1000$ more (with gtx 1080 TI probably 1.300$). Plus new monitor with g-Sync. I already own 1080p ASUS VG278Q 144mhz with Free Sync.

I know this could be cheaper, I got it from local online store and they build it for free with 24 hour stress testings.

Anyways, nice to see all the familiar faces here, hope you are all well.

Big hello to theHunter Community :)
You have ordered a real beast there Ludante! The most 'bang for your buck' is definitely with AMD Ryzen CPU's, and I'm very interested to know how your Vega 64 performs. Please leave a little review here so we can here your comments! Tks, and good hunting to you, Buckkiller4 and Schlachtwolf (and ALL others!!!!)
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Hi JimboCrow. So far from what I have observed in-game.

Monitor Asus MG278Q, 2560x1440 , 1ms, 144hz, Free Sync.

theHunter Classic - All settings maxed out.

- TT, Multiplayer, from 80-130FPS, occasional drops to 65, average around 90.

- BRR, Singleplayer, 80-100 FPS, average 85.

COTW, all settings maxed out.

- Hirschfelden from 49-80, average 55FPS.

Squad, all settings EPIC (no supers sampling)

- from 60-90, average 65FPS during the fight. With super sampling 1.25 there is drop by 6-7FPS.

PUBG, all settings ULTRA

- from 65-100, average 80.

It is not top of the notch, but considering it is 1440p monitor I am ok with it. I was observing only for the short period of time 10-15 minutes, did not play one game for 2 hours or similar. Oh and maybe it is important, I do not have LAN connection, I am using AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Ludante wrote:Hi JimboCrow. So far from what I have observed in-game.

Monitor Asus MG278Q, 2560x1440 , 1ms, 144hz, Free Sync.

theHunter Classic - All settings maxed out.

- TT, Multiplayer, from 80-130FPS, occasional drops to 65, average around 90.

- BRR, Singleplayer, 80-100 FPS, average 85.

COTW, all settings maxed out.

- Hirschfelden from 49-80, average 55FPS.

Squad, all settings EPIC (no supers sampling)

- from 60-90, average 65FPS during the fight. With super sampling 1.25 there is drop by 6-7FPS.

PUBG, all settings ULTRA

- from 65-100, average 80.

It is not top of the notch, but considering it is 1440p monitor I am ok with it. I was observing only for the short period of time 10-15 minutes, did not play one game for 2 hours or similar. Oh and maybe it is important, I do not have LAN connection, I am using AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”