Hardware to run theHunter

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Hardware to run theHunter

Post by JimboCrow »

Ludante wrote:Hi JimboCrow. So far from what I have observed in-game.
Hi Ludante! Those are very solid results bro! I'll bet it looks great! It certainly makes playing the game better doesn't it!?

Well, you've got me beat, I'm only getting around 70 FPS avg. on TGT! :D I really wish I had bought a G-sync monitor! Mine is Free sync too!! :lol: I might have to try to trade my 1070 in for a Vega! :)

Thanks for posting this buddy! Very much appreciated! Jimbo
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Nvidia 2080 TI will be available very soon. Cost of $ 1,199
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

JimboCrow wrote:
Hi Ludante! Those are very solid results bro! I'll bet it looks great! It certainly makes playing the game better doesn't it!?

Well, you've got me beat, I'm only getting around 70 FPS avg. on TGT! :D I really wish I had bought a G-sync monitor! Mine is Free sync too!! :lol: I might have to try to trade my 1070 in for a Vega! :)

If GTX 2080 comes out there will be a drop of prices for all cards including Vega, I got mine -38% discount in local store.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Sooo here results of my bits and pieces "new" setup as described above incl a Nividia GTX 1060 6GB card. I play on Steam. My rate is a steady 60fps on Peekaboo and TGT. 80-100 on other reserves all played for 2 hours plus. Core temp not exceeding 71 degrees celcius which is cool out. On max settings and my new AZUS monitor which is not G-Sync but a gaming one..... so dead happy and the game looks great..... however I have a tip for new hunters....

I played the game for the first 2 years on a 15 inch laptop...... it was great at mid settings but the smell of my poor beast's insides getting fried was too much to bear (bear get it !!!) but the change to a 24 inch screen has been a revelation. Squinting to see the slightest movement trained the eyes in the game, now I see sooooooo many (female LOL) more animals so easily on the bigger screen. So start off on a small screen as it trains your eyes and then on a bigger one....*** !!!! Trophy animals are as rare as ever though :lol:
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Update, Overtact to 3.8GHZ and a new Artic liquid cooler put in and not getting above 41 degrees on any reserve, very proud really as I installed it myself and there are suprisingly few leaks :shock: . New SSD 500GB card and a better DDR4 Ram 16GB getting installed tomorrow, runs like a robbers dog !!! :D
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Ludante wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:

If GTX 2080 comes out there will be a drop of prices for all cards including Vega, I got mine -38% discount in local store.
nvidia are dripp feeding the new 2000 range. 2080 is barely faster than a 1080ti.there literally exactly the same with the 1080ti often being as quicker or quicker in some games. as nvidia drivers give a little boost to the 2080 it will slowly get a slighlty bigger gap in performance.though the remaining stock of 1080tis are available at £580 -£600 vs £800- £850. this is why the new cards are being drip fed to keep the prices high. the 10 series are EOL products. so they either get sent back to nvidia from companies that sell them and then get brought up or sold buy bigger companies in sales. then they gone. so once these 1080tis are off loaded they are done. they wont drop below £550.

the vega price reduction was because they simply dont sell.they were priced to high to start with and have been too high all along. they reasonable performance just not worth the price they are even on offer. thats why nvidia has a clean sweep of the market gpu wise and can charge whatever they want.

the new pricing is based on old mining prices but mining is basically pointless at moment. so that wont help keeping prices high. so nvidia will just limit supply of the cards.keeping demand and prices high. until its time to drop the price.

10 series cards at moment are at really attractive prices. unless you playing at 4k there is no real point in having 2000 series cards unless you use them for work.
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

JimboCrow wrote:

Some people have found ways to get freesync to run on an nvidia gpu, maybe you should check it out.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”