Avalanche Studios bought back by Nordisk Film

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Avalanche Studios bought back by Nordisk Film

Post by stancomputerhunter »

ronMctube wrote:well it depends how you look at it. EW develop theHunter classic.Avalanche use the APEX engine.
We could debate the semantics all day, but in the end, the press release extolled Avalanche's success with the theHunter, and not one word about EW. EW is just a subsidiary they created when they bought Emote assets from the bankruptcy court. In the end, this game is made by Avalanche, and it's not made on their modern engine.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
ronMctube wrote:well it depends how you look at it. EW develop theHunter classic.Avalanche use the APEX engine.
We could debate the semantics all day, but in the end, the press release extolled Avalanche's success with the theHunter, and not one word about EW. EW is just a subsidiary they created when they bought Emote assets from the bankruptcy court. In the end, this game is made by Avalanche, and it's not made on their modern engine.
i just gave you the logical answer of why it was probably worded like that.you kinda answered your own reply.semantics.if you want the real reason which doesnt matter to us in anyway.ask Avalanche or whoever the press person is who put it out.i think its pretty clear what the statement means.debating over such small anythings is pointless.waste of time.the bigger picture is worth talking about not what engine is mentioned.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

As long as avalanche with subsidiaries develope more then one game with the apex engine they are right.

Just Cause 4 and the likes is what is supposed to bring in the big money and it uses the apex engine I belive. The hunter Classic engine is nothing to brag about at all better hide it in the closet :p
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

knott wrote:The hunter Classic engine is nothing to brag about at all better hide it in the closet :p
It's nothing to brag about but it has been the foundation of a very successful game for almost a decade. Do you think you will still be playing Call of the Wild in 2027? I would be quite surprised.

Immersion, fun and replay value are not driven exclusively by the engine. I would rather have something incredible built on less than perfect foundations, than amazing foundations and crap on top. I'm not referring to Call of the Wild as crap. I'm just highlighting the fact that you might be placing too much importance on a game's engine.

Just like the best movies don't necessarily have the best visual effects, the best games don't necessarily have the best graphics.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

caledonianblues wrote:
knott wrote:The hunter Classic engine is nothing to brag about at all better hide it in the closet :p
It's nothing to brag about but it has been the foundation of a very successful game for almost a decade. Do you think you will still be playing Call of the Wild in 2027? I would be quite surprised.

Immersion, fun and replay value are not driven exclusively by the engine. I would rather have something incredible built on less than perfect foundations, than amazing foundations and crap on top. I'm not referring to Call of the Wild as crap. I'm just highlighting the fact that you might be placing too much importance on a game's engine.

Just like the best movies don't necessarily have the best visual effects, the best games don't necessarily have the best graphics.
Hopefully I don´t have to run call of the wild on the current engine 2027 just like there is no reason for classic to exist on the old engine. Just put it on the new engine. Immersion is killed by the outdated engine in the hunter classic as well is fun and replay value. Or would it be less fun with more realistic animations, better rendering distances, better physics and all that?
Kaned Dragon
Tracker

Have EW been aquired by Nordisk Film?

Post by Kaned Dragon »

Hello everyone, I've heard on the COTW grapevine that EW who make Classic and COTW have been acquired by a film company. Nordisk Film.
Can anyone shed some light on this from the Classic players end please?

Is this true at all? Or is someone pull our leg.

Thx
Kaned Dragon
Tracker

Re: Have EW been aquired by Nordisk Film?

Post by Kaned Dragon »

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Have EW been aquired by Nordisk Film?

Post by Fletchette »

Personal Bests...
Kaned Dragon
Tracker

Post by Kaned Dragon »

Hello folks,
I'm a COTW player, used to play Classic a lot.
I've only just got word of this.

All I can say, is I hope in my heart that the development teams who work on Classic and COTW are able to continue working on both games, in the direction they wish to pursue without infringement on their path.

Both Classic and COTW have brought me hours of entertainment, relaxation, and happy happy joy joy. I hope they can continue to do so.

Happy hunting and all the best everyone.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Merged two topics and moved into <Other Games & Tech Talk>.
Image Image Image

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”