Need help from computer experts

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Need help from computer experts

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Nice machine. I would select the EVGA card though. Just me. Looks pretty cool. Well within budget too. It will certainly run this game on max settings. I play on max settings with an i5 and a GTX 1060 6GB card. No issues. So that set up will certainly do it.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

I would also select a evga card. And corsair ram. But your config is still ok.
Now offline. Forever.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

drop the 7700k and get the 8600k i5 or better still 8700k in its place.also in a short while ryzen 2 drops.so maybe worth waiting for them.the newest intel i5 and i7 should still be up on them for gaming though.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Wiseguy checking in... :P (Although I thought my initial reply was pretty clear that there was a problem with the configuration as posted).

It will certainly run this game well, but it you want to "future-proof" a bit, I'd save some money on a few of the more overblown components and upgrade the processor and GPU.

That's more power supply than you need, and could save $60 by getting something like the EVGA SuperNOVA 750.
Use some of that $60 to upgrade to the Intel 8700K.

Downgrade the 1TB SSD to a 500GB one to save about $100. (you can always add 2TB- 4TB hard drive later for less than $100).
Lose those ridiculously expensive fans to save another $100.
You could save some money on the case too. Phanteks makes great cases for less.

Use the above savings to upgrade the GPU to a 1070TI, or a 1080, and you'll be much more future proof, able to play more demanding games, and upgrade to a higher resolution monitor in the future. Unfortunately 1080TI's are way to expensive right now.

IMO.
Last edited by Fletchette on March 23rd, 2018, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal Bests...
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

How about that strider? A wiseguy who saves you money and you end up with better configuration. ;)

Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

I always aim for quality, for that reason I wouldn't use several of the parts on your list. Secondly, I would always go for the 8700K.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I would swap the fans out for the Corsair ML series. Instead of using sleeve bearings they rely on magnetic levitation to eliminate friction. No friction means no wear and tear, and a lot less noise. I bought some of them and they're great. For the sake of $23 I would also take the i7-8700K. That's an absolute no-brainer. I would also go for a GTX 1080 (EVGA) rather than a GTX 1060, and like Fletchette said, I would drop from a 1TB SSD to a 500GB SSD for the time being. You can always add more SSD drives later. I would also drop to the EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W.

Here's the list here, still under $2k.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Thanks, David.
Saved in my wish list..

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

if you going to spend that much the only thing id probably change is the cpu cooler to a aio.the one you got is pretty fine for basic speeds but the 8700k oc like a best most do close to 5ghz.which if you interested in you wont be doing on that cooler.its a bit better than stock.if you not ocing its fine though so do worry.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I considered the CPU cooler too but figured he wouldn't be looking to overclock, since most people planning to do that generally don't need advice on which components to buy.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”