Geforce Now

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Levado
Scout

Re: Geforce Now

Post by Levado »

ronMctube wrote:oh i know it wont be right for a few more years yet thats why i said at a later date.
You didn't bring this up to get excited about a technology that according to Nvidia might take 10 years to be successful, you were clearly believing when you posted this that it would be a success in a much shorter time.
ronMctube wrote:powerful pcs prices are starting to accelerate
Let's not run around the bush, these prices are high because of shortages and nothing else. We've seen that pattern numerous times in the history of computer components. On top of that, all that bitcoin mining with GPUs is using tons of electricity. Here are 3 recent articles:

"Even With Energy Surplus, Canada Unable to Meet Electricity Demands of Bitcoin Miners"
"Iceland Expects to Use More Electricity Mining Bitcoin Than Powering Homes This Year"
"One Bitcoin Transaction Now Uses as Much Energy as Your House in a Week"
"A Single Bitcoin Transaction Takes Thousands of Times More Energy Than a Credit Card Swipe"

Sorry, but that foolishness won't continue forever. On top of that, you got a retail market and producers of PC components and input/output devices that see their sales going down, since customers are delaying computer upgrades, they're not happy with the situation either and will be a joined force that will try to get those prices down. As for the consumers, they don't cry too much right now because of their fancy 10-series cards, but it won't take long before they want more and if that means paying 2 to 3 times more than they are used to, they'll be very vocal about it too. :)

Just my last 2 cents. ;)
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i was mentioning it as a talking point.one day when its right and finished it will be a viable option for gaming for people who cant afford a top end pc.thats why its being done ! thats the whole purpose of the project.it always has been.to take a low end device you can afford and play top end games at great settings.

im in no rush for it i have plenty of high end pcs.as i said i been following this for nearly ten years ! i made videos on the first company to do this live which was onlive.nvidia is refining it.

mining is here to stay.you may not think so it is.also pc components are rising and going to keep rising.regardless of if you agree or not they are.nvidia have already stated this and other big companies.doesnt matter if avg joe cant buy a pc to the big players as someone else who can afford will buy the items.the articles you listed are just like every tabloid headline to get you to read them.mining is here to stay.prices will rise.the next new gpus are going to be even dearer than the last.i didnt want to debate about it.i just wanted some people who maybe not know about geforce now take a look.

right best get back to work building these pcs i been doing for nearly 20 years :lol:
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

outrider wrote:hey ron, do you have one for Radeon ?
If I am not mistaken it supports Radeon gpu-s as well.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/pr ... stem-reqs/
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

Ludante wrote:
outrider wrote:hey ron, do you have one for Radeon ?
If I am not mistaken it supports Radeon gpu-s as well.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/pr ... stem-reqs/
it's indicating it will...i'll just have to try and find out. :D

thanks for your reply...

chuck.....

side note, i'm probably 199,000 on a list of 200,000..... :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”