EVE Online anyone?

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

EVE Online anyone?

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey guys does/did anyone play EVE Online? I have played on and off since 2012 and continuously for 3 of those. Yesterday I managed to go to the EVE monument, which for those who don't know is a 10 year celebration and a thanks to all the players. Every single player name at the time was put on the monument and I managed to find one of my toons and some of my EVE buddies names as well using the name finder app. The whole EVE story is quite awesome. The whole town gets behind the company and even the major makes appearances in the promotional videos. In the early days the guys funded development by selling a board game they invented.

EVE has a player voted council that is made up with real players that interacts with CCP (company behind Eve) and they decided directly the direction the game should head in. A truly amazing gaming experience.

sofresh

Re: EVE Online anyone?

Post by sofresh »

Wait... so this EVE monument is real? I never heard about this. Where is it?
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey guys does/did anyone play EVE Online? I have played on and off since 2012...
YES! Row 6 and column 19. Line number is 108. And Loving it!

I have played from 2010 up to 2017. I was called Rhapsodae started off a missioner but moved and occupied a C3 WH for 6 months by myself. Got board and turned a hi sec Pirate on the trail of Airaken and Osmon (about 8 jump form Jita)

I had an amazing time in the game and even got myself to Icelands fanfest in 2013. Met a lot of (angry) people in the game and even made some solid real life friends as well. But with all the free to play changes, dev disappointments on Ambulation, Dust 514 and a general lack of direction I quit playing, have an amazing KB though.

@Treekiwi
Who / What were you up to in New Eden?
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

rhapsodaisical wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Hey guys does/did anyone play EVE Online? I have played on and off since 2012...
YES! Row 6 and column 19. Line number is 108. And Loving it!

I have played from 2010 up to 2017. I was called Rhapsodae started off a missioner but moved and occupied a C3 WH for 6 months by myself. Got board and turned a hi sec Pirate on the trail of Airaken and Osmon (about 8 jump form Jita)

I had an amazing time in the game and even got myself to Icelands fanfest in 2013. Met a lot of (angry) people in the game and even made some solid real life friends as well. But with all the free to play changes, dev disappointments on Ambulation, Dust 514 and a general lack of direction I quit playing, have an amazing KB though.

@Treekiwi
Who / What were you up to in New Eden?
I was Gen Thuraka, I had a very good solo kill board at the start, but later game play saw me working with the corps more. Started PVP seriously when I had a 1:3 K/D ratio and managed to turn it around to nearly a 3:1 My KillBoard. I started off as a miner actually, thought it was the best way to make money at the start, then got pulled into scanning missions. Then went to lowsec and became a pirate for about a year, we based ourselves in Angur, which is a bottle neck on the way to the eve gate. Was good because there was not many blobs down that way and we controlled the pocket. I then decided to see what Null was about... didn't like that at all, the blobs are boring and the solo was pretty easy, I ended up getting recruited by a WH corp as I took on 5 of them solo, I lost, but they liked what I was about. So lived in a c4 for about 9 months and then took a long 3 year break. I can't really get back into it now sadly, I am trying, but being able to buy skill injectors has taken all the glory and meaning out of the game and its just full of new people trying to tell you how good they are, but have never had to actually work for anything. I have an alt that can fly carriers and he is nearly max mining skills now, I think I might log in soon and see how relaxing the mining industry is.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

TreeKiwi wrote: I had a very good solo kill board at the start My KillBoard...

I took you more for an Extreme Nina!
I am done with Eve myself. It had it's charm for the time. But it changed to much for me and CCP disappointed me on many fronts.
Killboards are however the best thing, and I am still proud on some! My killboard is fun though: Hi Sec brings a lot of flavours.

These are some my favourite hi-sec kills:

A high-sec Miner with too much ISK
https://zkillboard.com/kill/42814325/
With an amazing Pod!
https://zkillboard.com/kill/42814328/

A Hi-Sec white knight
https://zkillboard.com/kill/42092751/

And a guy in a brand new faction Battleship... Mining!
https://zkillboard.com/kill/40552816/

But sometimes you're the dog, other times you're the firehydrant:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/40692030/

I kinda up set a multiboxer off I think :)
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I used to love EVE. I played for ages, went from scared miner to -10 pirate doing small skirmishes in low-sec. Had so much fun, made friends, enjoyed the hell out of the music. I flew smaller, faster ships, back when speed tanking was a legit thing. Vagabonds (filthy I know), Rifters, the Wolf, various intercepters.

But, the lag (this was pre-"time dilation") + permanent loss and the completely unprofessional attitude of the staff drove me off. After a few in-game issues and a ticket response which literally mocked me I said **** it, these people are not getting my money anymore. At the time my husband was a community helper, I forget the name (I think STAR or something) in the GM chat, and showed me the horrific attitude they had. One of them was literally laughing about how he loved a certain kind of GM ticket, because he really enjoyed rejecting them outright without bothering to read them. Power trip, I guess, and none of the other employees seemed to have a problem with his attitude or his actions.

I miss it, but I could never recommend it after that complete fiasco. No company, particularly that large, should treat paying customers that way. CCP's history of borking other projects, delaying, cancelling, never living up to expectations--the story they promised was never really delivered. Will I say "In Rust We Trust" forever? Sure, Minmatar pride for life, but will I ever hand them my cash again?

Hell, no.

As a PS I know this topic is old as hell, but I've heard they're now shutting down loads of offices and dumping a large amount of employees. It really does not surprise me : /
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

rhapsodaisical wrote: A high-sec Miner with too much ISK
https://zkillboard.com/kill/42814325/
With an amazing Pod!
https://zkillboard.com/kill/42814328/
Oh man that miner hahaha

I love going back and looking at my early deaths, I had a few 300mil drakes I think it was... faction launchers because I could not t2 hahahahaha

I think apart from some capital kills, my most fav all time was this ONE HERE ... gotta love infinite point, webs and a kick out station 8-)

Even his warp core stabs were faction hahahahaha. He was a pay to win WOW player, didn't understand that back then money didn't matter and we made the Matani (sp) with that kill. I think he lost 3 in total?
TheSheWolf wrote: "In Rust We Trust" forever? Sure, Minmatar pride for life,
Winmatar ships for life!!!!

I have a Rifter sitting on my desk here at work!

TK
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Hahah You Flew with Ace Rimmer? I head he was a bit of a Smeghead...

I loved those tactics in Low-Sec . But by far, Harpy solo pirate fit. Nothing Minmatarr! I tried it, but I was done people asking what the "sails" were for! Caldari FTW!

My go-to Harpy fit:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/50769663/ the snowball launchers were to shoot non-suspecting hi-sec victims to engage me. (often autolock) and with the snowballs looking and sounding like explosions they panicked and F1-ed me. Thus getting yourself a legal duel. I always had an off-grid booster and an Osprey for reps standby.

The best thing about hi-sec fighting was the mocking and psychologial war far. These were my three Weapons of Mass Disturbtion

For when they are carebearing
Spoiler:
Or worse, Ice-Mining!
Spoiler:
And when then lost their cool after loss, I send this for the sake of shutting them up
Spoiler:
It worked! :P

TreeKiwi wrote: I have a Rifter sitting on my desk here at work!
Btw that Rifter is from the Limited Edition Fanbox USB Charger wasnt it. I had one of those as well :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

TreeKiwi wrote:I love going back and looking at my early deaths, I had a few 300mil drakes I think it was... faction launchers because I could not t2 hahahahaha

I think apart from some capital kills, my most fav all time was this ONE HERE ... gotta love infinite point, webs and a kick out station 8-)
rhapsodaisical wrote:Hahah You Flew with Ace Rimmer? I head he was a bit of a Smeghead...

I loved those tactics in Low-Sec . But by far, Harpy solo pirate fit. Nothing Minmatarr! I tried it, but I was done people asking what the "sails" were for! Caldari FTW!
Guys, can I remind you that this is an English speaking forum? Where's a mod when you need one... :roll:
Image Image Image
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

rhapsodaisical wrote:
And when then lost their cool after loss, I send this for the sake of shutting them up
Spoiler:
That'd shut me up, too :lol:

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”