Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
pastuh
Scout

New Hunting game announced

Post by pastuh »

Not so much info, but new game will be released.
Cant find any footage.. Only screenshot in this website:
Info: http://www.games.it/sony/ps4/news/bigbe ... lator.html

Developer: BigBen Interactive
Game: Hunting Simulator

35 species of animals are spread throughout 12 huge hunting areas.
Multiplayer, Campaing, Free hunting, Target practice.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: New Hunting game announced

Post by Hawkeye »

Interesting. Looks like they're not new to the Hunting genre. Their last game, Hunter's Trophy 2, looks absolutely horrific. Search out some YouTube footage & you'll see what I mean. They have a lot of room for improvement.
PicSoul
Hunter

Post by PicSoul »

Always great to see more hunting games but when I read "Introduction of the very first drone in a hunting game, used for checking your surroundings." I closed the page. I don't think this is a game for me.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

There's a few more pictures on this (German) site if you're interested: http://www.bigben-interactive.de/huntin ... agdspiele/

A bit of competition can't hurt. It says there are 35 species and 12 reserves and a lot of the announced features sound like somone watched th:C very closely. ;)
If it doesn't include the social aspects of th:C, it will mostly be a competitor to th:CotW - the graphics in the screenshots definitely look much worse than CotW, but there seem to be more content at release. On the other hand, given the history of this company's releases, it'd be better to take a close look before buying.
Image Image Image
AmbushPredator
Scout

Post by AmbushPredator »

Hmmm, a desert environment. That alone might be worth a look. ;)
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Tanngnjostr wrote:There's a few more pictures on this (German) site if you're interested: http://www.bigben-interactive.de/huntin ... agdspiele/

A bit of competition can't hurt. It says there are 35 species and 12 reserves and a lot of the announced features sound like somone watched th:C very closely. ;)
If it doesn't include the social aspects of th:C, it will mostly be a competitor to th:CotW - the graphics in the screenshots definitely look much worse than CotW, but there seem to be more content at release. On the other hand, given the history of this company's releases, it'd be better to take a close look before buying.
I agree that competition is good, but it has to be GOOD competition. :) Their track record is not good...so bad, in fact, that all of us being the hardcore hunting gamers that we are have never heard of their previous 2 installments. Watching footage of their most recent game, it's almost unbelievable that it released in 2013, a full 4 years after Classic. Nothing from that game is appealing...the visuals are bad, the sounds are horrendous (footsteps sound like somebody beating a plastic cup with a spoon), and the gameplay is run/gun arcade. It got so little play that it didn't even register a Metacritic score and you can't even find reviews for it.

They have a really long way to go to provide any real competition, but I'm rooting for them. Any game that introduces new players to the niche genre of hunting simulation would be a positive thing.
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter

Post by JK_ElkHunter »

Very interesting, I thought no one was working on hunting games only EW :lol:
Spoiler:

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

It never hurts to check out the game..... I don't go by track records because anybody can change their gameplay.....
look at the 1st GTA game...... that looked more like pacman and it's change dramatically with it's gameplay and graphics. And their are a whole lot of others too that have been the same way.
I'm not saying rush out and buy the game, but until someone experiences it you really won't know what this 2nd generation game is like, and if it had reviews like theHunter C had on STEAM then you wouldn't go by all those bad reviews they had on it would you because you have already played it? For all we know it might be a big flop..... but then maybe it isn't.
Have a good 1.........................GAS
\m/
Outfitter

Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Post by \m/ »

A new upcoming release in June 2017 called "Hunting Simulator" seems to be worth a try - using Unreal 4 Engine - take a look: http://store.steampowered.com/app/58508 ... Simulator/

Singleplayer & Online-Coop - 111 missions
37 different species, 12 reserves, 17 different weapons/bows, 50 different items like callers etc..

Could be very interesting :-)
Now offline. Forever.
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Post by L3M182 »

yeah ill be keeping an eye on that but it has a few red flags straight away. bullet cam, trophy score multipliers based on distance and difficulty, deer seem to all have identical racks.

regardless, im glad the hunter has a potential contender and rival. can only push for improvment.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”