Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Leadfan
Tracker

Re: Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Post by Leadfan »

it doesn't seem to worth a try for me at least: the robotic movement of animals alone reminds of the primitive hunting games like hunting unlimited.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Yeah, we already had a short discussion about it here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=78333

And I still think that competition doesn't hurt. But... with CotW getting the possibility to place large equipment (tents and ground blinds for a start), I'm still feeling tH:2 could be happening! :) Just talking BS of course... :roll:
Image Image Image
Leadfan
Tracker

Post by Leadfan »

Do you really take this game as a competition to thehunter !!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Leadfan wrote:Do you really take this game as a competition to thehunter !!
Nah! :D
Image Image Image
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Leadfan wrote:Do you really take this game as a competition to thehunter !!
Has the potential. You haven't played it yet and neither have we. Could have groundbreaking animal AI and some serious simulations n aspects like herd management and a persistent animal database of what's about.
Leadfan
Tracker

Post by Leadfan »

I don't expect the quality of AI to be higher than the animation and look of animals (herd of whitetail deer with the exact same size, racks, movements roaming together is not so real).
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Looks interesting, wonder how much of a sim it will be.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Have y'all seen the new copy-cat game?

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Search theHunter in steam, scroll down and you will see something that look just like theHunter COTW. It's called: "HUnting Simulator" so original ;) .To me it looks like someone who saw a game that was successful; theHunter, and decided to make one that looks just like it to get a little money. They are using no creativity and the reserves look so bland. Nothing willevr be as good as theHunter ;) . Just wondering if anyone has seen it yet? It's coming out in June.

So tacky!!!! 8-)
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: Have y'all seen the new copy-cat game?

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Never know. It might end up the better game, and a little competition would be good for the this game as it is.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Have y'all seen the new copy-cat game?

Post by Hawkeye »

I've been following this one for a while, and IMO there are some pretty big red flags here. For a game releasing in June, we still don't know the price or business model of the game. Neopica has developed many games, but doesn't have any experience with open world titles or unreal 4 engine games. Their specialty is more with Nintendo 3DS titles such as "I Love My Dog", "I Love My Cat", and "I Love My Pony". They can't even be bothered to advertise this upcoming title on their own website, and have no Forums in which the community can communicate with the development team. They market as a "Simulator", yet we know very little about gameplay, other than they have a bullet cam similar to Sniper Elite and you can fly drones to scout in front of you. That doesn't scream "Simulator" in my book. I just don't see a game coming out of nowhere & competing with one that's been in continuous development for a decade. I could be wrong, but they don't appear to try very hard to prove it.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”