Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
nachthexe
Hunter

Re: Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Post by nachthexe »

Hawkeye wrote:Also mentions No Man's Sky, but again, no action was taken there, which is mind-boggling.
Well in a way action was taking with the ban. A game developer has to use ingame footage and that should give potential customers a better insight.
Code: Select all
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Another Also ran Someday someone may put out a good one besides TH
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

abslayer wrote:Another Also ran Someday someone may put out a good one besides TH
EW has already made a better hunting simulator then the hunter Classic. Bugged bow aiming and all :)

Is it really true the hunter simulator will not get any patches? If I give it a go I want to give them a chance at least. Nothing is ever perfect particularly not on release.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

knott wrote:EW has already made a better hunting simulator then the hunter Classic. Bugged bow aiming and all :)
That's a matter of opinion. A huge amount of effort went into Call of the Wild, and it's a great achievement. But for me, Classic appeals much more. For some "a better hunting game" means improved graphics and a modern engine, but that always comes at the cost of far less content and functionality. I would not be willing to sacrifice the content and functionality that Classic offers for a new engine and better visuals. Don't get me wrong, there are things about Call of the Wild that I love, and it looks beautiful, but it just doesn't have nearly enough of the things I love about Classic.

By the way neither of them are simulators.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

caledonianblues wrote:
knott wrote:EW has already made a better hunting simulator then the hunter Classic. Bugged bow aiming and all :)
That's a matter of opinion. A huge amount of effort went into Call of the Wild, and it's a great achievement. But for me, Classic appeals much more. For some "a better hunting game" means improved graphics and a modern engine, but that always comes at the cost of far less content and functionality. I would not be willing to sacrifice the content and functionality that Classic offers for a new engine and better visuals. Don't get me wrong, there are things about Call of the Wild that I love, and it looks beautiful, but it just doesn't have nearly enough of the things I love about Classic.

By the way neither of them are simulators.
That classic is better is also a matter of opinion... I don´t know why you state the obvious :)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

knott wrote:That classic is better is also a matter of opinion... I don´t know why you state the obvious :)
The difference is my statement comes across as opinion. Your statement was rather "matter of fact" ;)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I still laugh every time someone tries to call this game (Classic) a simulator. I mean, believe what you want, to each his own, and if it makes the experience better for you believing that this game is a simulation of real hunting, then by all means have at it. But please, never ever state that it IS in fact a real simulator. I think any one here with real hunting experience would agree, the majority would NOT want a real hunting simulator and this game would have bit the dust a long time ago had it really tried to be that.
Redmaster
Scout

Post by Redmaster »

Well...at least that game has Fallow deer.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Redmaster wrote:Well...at least that game has Fallow deer.
I'll bet you that Linus is working on Fallow deer for Classic right now! 8-)
Redmaster
Scout

Post by Redmaster »

Hopefully! That and a Desert Mule Deer for an eventual Desert SW reserve to round out the good ole' nostalgia roster from Cabelas Ultimate Deer Hunt

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”