Update Firmware for your hard drive

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Ludante
Outfitter

Update Firmware for your hard drive

Post by Ludante »

Had some issues, my disk usage during the gaming was 85-90%, after updating firmware on my SSD the usage dropped to 0-1% during the game and I got extra 5-10FPS.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
\m/
Outfitter

Re: Update Firmware for your hard drive

Post by \m/ »

Before rebuilding my raid i always check for firmware-updates. Updating the ssd-firmware while using raid 0 often results errors at the used raid ..thats the reason why i only update the fw if i already plan to rebuild/reinstall the os.
With a single ssd fw updating is normally always possible, but its rare that you need to do this :-)
Now offline. Forever.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

\m/ wrote:Before rebuilding my raid i always check for firmware-updates. Updating the ssd-firmware while using raid 0 often results errors at the used raid ..thats the reason why i only update the fw if i already plan to rebuild/reinstall the os.
With a single ssd fw updating is normally always possible, but its rare that you need to do this :-)
I am a magnet to all rare issues in this Universe. If some problem is rare and there is 0.01% of people who can have this problem I always meet the requirements.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Ludante wrote:
\m/ wrote:Before rebuilding my raid i always check for firmware-updates. Updating the ssd-firmware while using raid 0 often results errors at the used raid ..thats the reason why i only update the fw if i already plan to rebuild/reinstall the os.
I am a magnet to all rare issues in this Universe. If some problem is rare and there is 0.01% of people who can have this problem I always meet the requirements.
That makes perfect sense to me.... :P
Personal Bests...
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Haha, the good thing is that you know this happens :-p
Now offline. Forever.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”