New lap top! Would like some opinions!

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
HunterGirl
Scout

New lap top! Would like some opinions!

Post by HunterGirl »

So I am super excited to say I finally bought me a new laptop yesterday. Will get it next Wednesday ( gonna seem like an eternity from now! :lol: ) it was quite a bit more expensive than I had planned to go but I think I did good.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-17-3-lap ... Id=5712129

Would like some opinions on it. I asked the people who were helping me decide between this one and another one and he said it would be good to play the hunter on and should be ok to also play the new COTW. I'm far from being that tech savy, but I hope is laptop will be good.shat do y'all think? I think my biggest thing that's gonna take me adjusting to is the reduced screen size compared to what I was used to when playing on our old desktop.

Also, this may be a stupid question, but is it possible to hook a desktop monitor up to this laptop if I'd ever go that way?

TIA!
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: New lap top! Would like some opinions!

Post by Fletchette »

It should do pretty well, and yes it has an HDMI out, so you can hook it up to a TV or monitor that has an HDMI input. Let us know how it goes with that GTX 1050 Ti.
Personal Bests...
HunterGirl
Scout

Post by HunterGirl »

Fletchette wrote:It should do pretty well, and yes it has an HDMI out, so you can hook it up to a TV or monitor that has an HDMI input. Let us know how it goes with that GTX 1050 Ti.
That's what I'm talking about. :lol: I'm not tech savy, what exactly is GTX 1050 Ti?
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

HunterGirl wrote:
Fletchette wrote:It should do pretty well, and yes it has an HDMI out, so you can hook it up to a TV or monitor that has an HDMI input. Let us know how it goes with that GTX 1050 Ti.
That's what I'm talking about. :lol: I'm not tech savy, what exactly is GTX 1050 Ti?
It should be a really nice graphics card.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

HunterGirl wrote:
Learn more here. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/pr ... -gtx-1050/ And I would recommend installing GEForce Experience. It comes with free video recording while you are playing. Also screen shots. I'm not computer savvy at all, and I have learned to use it for my GTX 1060.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
HunterGirl
Scout

Post by HunterGirl »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
HunterGirl wrote:
Learn more here. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/pr ... -gtx-1050/ And I would recommend installing GEForce Experience. It comes with free video recording while you are playing. Also screen shots. I'm not computer savvy at all, and I have learned to use it for my GTX 1060.
The link is not working
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

The GTX 1050 Ti is the graphics card that is in your new laptop
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

HunterGirl wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:
HunterGirl wrote:
The link is not working
Sorry. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/pr ... -gtx-1050/

HunterGirl
Scout

Post by HunterGirl »

Thanks! I'm sure I'm gonna be very happy with how it performs. Especially compared to our old desktop that in this day and age is ancient software. Im not gonna know what to do with a computer that runs fast! :lol: I'm especially happy that it is capable of hooking up to a seperate monitor which I'll probably look into one day. I might be able to hook it up to my TV from what it sounds like but it may be a bit of overkill with I being a 42" screen. :lol:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

HunterGirl wrote:Thanks! I'm sure I'm gonna be very happy with how it performs. Especially compared to our old desktop that in this day and age is ancient software. Im not gonna know what to do with a computer that runs fast! :lol: I'm especially happy that it is capable of hooking up to a seperate monitor which I'll probably look into one day. I might be able to hook it up to my TV from what it sounds like but it may be a bit of overkill with I being a 42" screen. :lol:
Here's a tip. For a separate monitor, just go to WalMart and buy a Vizio 24" TV...make sure its 1080p, NOT 720p. It has HDMI in, so you can connect the laptop to it, and best of all, depending on sales etc, its around $125.00. Works just as good as a $500 computer monitor. Or 32", or 40" as long as its 1080p..your choice.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”