Best settings

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Re: Best settings

Post by Buckkiller4 »

It is a desktop. How do you find the model? Also, I found to find out the power supply I would have to take it apart and I don't have the skill for that unfortunately.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Fletchette wrote:
Buckkiller4 wrote:If you had to recommend a GPU, what would it be? I will willingly replace it as it isn't the best. But what should I get?
If its a laptop, it can't be replaced, except in very rare expensive gaming laptops, and if you have that, you should have no problems. If its a desktop, Nivdia 7 generation will run theHunter Classic on mostly high settings, but if you are going to play Call of the Wild, you'll need a min of 10th generation. Preferrably 1060 or above.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Buckkiller4 wrote:It is a desktop. How do you find the model? Also, I found to find out the power supply I would have to take it apart and I don't have the skill for that unfortunately.
Somewhere on the case there should be a name and model, perhaps on the back there are some stickers. As for skills, assuming you have fingers, and maybe a screw driver, you have the skills to open a computer case and install a GPU. There are no special tools or skills required. :)
Personal Bests...
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Fletchette wrote:
Buckkiller4 wrote:It is a desktop. How do you find the model? Also, I found to find out the power supply I would have to take it apart and I don't have the skill for that unfortunately.
Somewhere on the case there should be a name and model, perhaps on the back there are some stickers. As for skills, assuming you have fingers, and maybe a screw driver, you have the skills to open a computer case and install a GPU. There are no special tools or skills required. :)
Yes, just look it up on google how to install a GPU. There are about 50 different videos on it. And there are also online step by step guides. Just take it slow and careful. P.S. If your still concerned about doing it yourself, you could take it to a computer shop(if you live by one) and they could install it. As long as you provide the parts labor should not be horrible. My .02
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Fletchette wrote:... Somewhere on the case there should be a name and model ...
John, don't get mad when you get an answer like Thermaltake or NZXT. :)
Spoiler:

AdamPotts
Spotter

Post by AdamPotts »

If you've never messed with the inside of a computer before, I would advise either taking it to a professional or asking a friend who knows what they're doing to help so you can watch. Once you've learnt how to open it all up and take stuff out it's extremely simple.

Or you're happy to risk messing around on your own first time, there's a ton of resources online for updating your PC.

If you're on Windows 10, you can get most info about your system from Settings>System>About or have a look in Device Manager, which is in About.
Turisas88
Tracker

Post by Turisas88 »

It could be that simple that you have plugged your hdmi cable in the wrong slot aswell , so it's plugged on your intergrated graphic on your motherboard .
I have 2 different hdmi slots , one with my gpu and the other one is for intergrated graphic through motherboard .
Just a thought I have , worth a try ;) .
I use 2 monitors , and on the monitor which I not use for games has the same information as you use as your gpu (Intel HD graphics 4600) .
On other monitor which I use for games I have my gpu (Nvidia GTX Titan) .
Which means that you maybe not even using you gpu .

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”