requires specs to run at highest settings

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
SPRK85
Outfitter

Re: requires specs to run at highest settings

Post by SPRK85 »

Geez, I really should take some time and learn some stuff about hardware... Ah well. 17k in studentdebts and still haven't got modern basic computer knowhow :roll:

Dumb university... Learning me logic and all that nonpractical stuff in a nonsensical world :D
BekahBear

Post by BekahBear »

\m/ wrote:There was a high performance and for your moneybag absolute “fair“ build posted here...

...(I dont like Alienware, high costs and less performance ..only my opinion.)

Your question was already solved. If you wanna pay additional 700-1000 dollar for a pc which also can run thc and cotw like the definitely cheaper build we have posted, do it.

i wasnt' planning on getting the Alienware computer that i posted the specs for. i was just using that as an example since that was the computer i was saving for before i asked my uncle to help me build one instead. i was hoping to learn a little more about the parts in it and how it compares to the builds that were recommended by this forum. i am not a big Dell fan. my last computer was from them and was a big disappointment when it came to performance. i agree fully with your statement "high costs and less performance". that's a big part of why i decided to build a computer instead of buying one.

i already printed out and gave my uncle the recommendations for a computer build that i got on this thread. i am looking forward to seeing what he has to say and what he recommends based on the suggestions from here
PardalAlgarve
Tracker

Post by PardalAlgarve »

I'd wait for ryzen that is coming soon and maybe will affect prices, anyway when we talk about brands the most reliable are for ram G Skill, boards MSI, m.2 ssd go with intel, psu Seasonic or other brand that build their psus in Seasonic factories. Anyways if you still buy now go with new intel Kaby lake cpus and z270 chipsets. With that budget im sure ull get a great rig for many years.

A nice build for you, best you can get today, just choose a atx case you like i recommend Fractal design.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/R7TxWX
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

I think your uncle will do the best for you :-), BekahBear
Now offline. Forever.
RabbitRidge
Tracker

Post by RabbitRidge »

RabbitRidge wrote:Built this a year and half ago for under $2,300 including all shipping and taxes, should be even cheaper today for something similar:

Intel Core i7-4790K CPU
ASUS Z97-PRO (Wi-Fi ac)/USB 3.1 motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ (06G-P4-4995-KR) video card
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3-1600 memory
Crucial MX200 1TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD, no internal HDD
Corsair Carbide 500R Black case
EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Gold PSU
Acer XB240H Abpr 24-Inch NVIDIA 144Hz G-SYNC (1920 x 1080) monitor
Existing ASUS SATA ODD
Logitech G502 Proteus Core mouse

Look for specials especially on Amazon and eBay, got a very good unexpected deal on the SSD from a site called NothingButSavings too.
My 3DMark (Free Version) testing July 7th, 2015 (pre Win10 DX12 free upgrade): http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7657403
Still holding up pretty good with all the newer (and costlier) hardware.

I noted one trick 3DMark paying customers used to get higher scores over the free version: disable all demos (they are not benchmark and the Sky Diver demo in particular has higher stress as a built-in limiting factor when jumping in the upside-down water).

Edit: BTW, if you don't have a transferable OS already then don't forget to look into getting a discount on Win10 if you are a student.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”