requires specs to run at highest settings

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
BekahBear

requires specs to run at highest settings

Post by BekahBear »

i always loved this gave but have been unable to play it for a long time due to computer issues. i am having my uncle build me a new computer since i don't know enough to do it myself. i just need to be able to tell him what i want out of it so that he knows what parts to order. i have saved up a significant amount of money towards this build and want to get the best computer possible out of it. i was originally saving up for a full size Alienware desktop but my uncle could build something just as good for less money if i pay him instead.
what would i need in a computer in order to play TheHunter with all of the settings completely maxed out? if it makes any difference i also plan to use this new computer to play Skyrim Special Edition and plan on using a lot of mods for skyrim.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: requires specs to run at highest settings

Post by Hawkeye »

Moved to Tech Talk.

Can you tell us more about your budget? Also, do you plan to play Call of the Wild as well? That will make a big difference in how you want to build.
BekahBear

Post by BekahBear »

thanks for moving the thread. i wasnt sure exactly where to post this.

yes, i would like to be able to play Call of the Wild as well. i do not really know anything about building a computer so i am 100% counting on my uncles and others suggestions in order to know what to get. any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.
BekahBear

Post by BekahBear »

i forgot to add that my preferred budget is in the $2500 range but i am able to go higher if need be
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

BekahBear wrote:i forgot to add that my preferred budget is in the $2500 range but i am able to go higher if need be
That's plenty of budget. You're all set on keyboard/mouse/monitor, right? All of this budget is going for the PC?
BekahBear

Post by BekahBear »

i have a very nice keyboard and mouse. if i have any money left over after i put the PC together i would put it towards getting a larger monitor later on but the 23" one i already have works just fine.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

BekahBear wrote:i have a very nice keyboard and mouse. if i have any money left over after i put the PC together i would put it towards getting a larger monitor later on but the 23" one i already have works just fine.
If it were me, I'd go with something like this: Gaming, Streaming, Editing Build

Maxing out settings for theHunter Classic is not hard to do & can probably be done on a $500 budget these days. The above build would future-proof you for a while, easily maxing out theHunter CotW & enough juice left over to allow you to stream. It has a nice processor, has 32GB of ram, has a 1070 GTX, has a nice 960GB SSD & a 4TB HDD, so plenty of storage to run your Steam library on the Solid State drive. The only think I don't like is the Power Supply. I never did get the concept of skimping $30 for a much better supply on a $1400 rig. I would put a 850W supply in it to leave room for future expansion.

The above rig would put you $1100 under budget and give you plenty of power. I love that website for browsing builds though, so I'd highly recommend using it as a resource. Good luck!
BekahBear

Post by BekahBear »

thanks so much. that is really helpful and is a good place to start. i will print out the build info so i can show it to my uncle and get his thoughts on it.
RabbitRidge
Tracker

Post by RabbitRidge »

Built this a year and half ago for under $2,300 including all shipping and taxes, should be even cheaper today for something similar:

Intel Core i7-4790K CPU
ASUS Z97-PRO (Wi-Fi ac)/USB 3.1 motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ (06G-P4-4995-KR) video card
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3-1600 memory
Crucial MX200 1TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD, no internal HDD
Corsair Carbide 500R Black case
EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Gold PSU
Acer XB240H Abpr 24-Inch NVIDIA 144Hz G-SYNC (1920 x 1080) monitor
Existing ASUS SATA ODD
Logitech G502 Proteus Core mouse

Look for specials especially on Amazon and eBay, got a very good unexpected deal on the SSD from a site called NothingButSavings too.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Hawkeye's build should fit your expectations, personally i would change a few things ..but thats only my opinion :-)

Memory:
Corsair DDR4 ..should cost only a few bucks more - less problems and more stability normally with Corsair Ram

Storage:
Corsair Neutron XTi SSD (960gb) and a Western Digital - Black HDD - more performance.

Video Card:
Evga GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 ..or better the
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 -> http://www.evga.com/products/product.as ... P4-6276-KR - both are top 1070s.

PSU is ok, but like Hawkeye said.. you could use another one.. simple more W or a digital PSU like the Corsair AX860i - psu fan normally runs slowly while gaming, at normal desktop usage like surfing the fan is at 0 rpm (higher efficiency and you can monitor the power-consumption of your system in realtime in windows with Corsair-Link, if the Corsair Ram supports Corsair-Link you can also monitor the Ram with Corsair-Link).
Now offline. Forever.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”