American Truck Simulator

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
chewik
Outfitter

Re: American Truck Simulator

Post by chewik »

already bought and downloading :D 20 euros on steam.
Map1
Hunter

Post by Map1 »

Played a few hours yesterday and its awesome :D Will be off the forum for while I guess xD
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Time flies didn´t realize it´s already 4 years old.

Completed Kingdom Come and got the itch again. Tried booting up ETS 2 but I lost my save file. Must have uninstalled it at some moment :(
Always thought about getting american truck simulator but I already got it probably through humble bundle.

Got the west coast bundle which was good because that forest machinery dlc give good pay and make it a bit more interesting to get around.
Not much has happened since ETS 2 I noticed but there is more touches beside the road it seems. As I get more comfortable with the trucks I see more and more. I guess the later dlc for ETS 2 is maybe also improved only got going east!

But it don´t have the random events road blocks etc it seemed looking in the menu?

The best part is the radio though! I can´t tune in to a bad station? Love tapping on the wheel while not holding the gear nob . I also wonder if some radio stations is real? They joke on Corona and covid-19 a lot in some but not in a way I would imagine a real radio station would. Is there people working on the radio to keep them up to date still?
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

At this moment i follow: Alaskan Truck Simulator
Looks promising :)
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Alaskan Truck sim? is that new? i knew about Ets and Ats but not about one based on Alaska, long time ago, in the era of the 18wheels PTTM there was a version with dangerous routes, like Ice Roads, popular in good part because the tv show in History Channel.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

It´s a different developer.

After hard work I am now at level 20 and got myself a 625 hp w900. Certainly make life easier over my previous 500 hp volvo, peterbuild and w900.
Its a bit of a shame they just settled with unofficial beta as vr support. Would see they go all in optimizing interface and all for VR also. These trucks is so much easier to drive correctly in the right perspective.
Game itself is all about relax but it´s always nice to be able to drive proper. But the interface make things a bit clumsy at while so I find myself going for the lesser overall experience but that is coherent with no dips.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

More hard work up to level 25. Just a few cities left though total completion just at 51 %. Would be kind of fun if they added a fast car I guess have to be american as it´s us based to zoom around with besides the trucks! I do have all the dlc and it adds very welcome variation to the environments and you can do at least somewhat long hauls.

Got all the dlc for ETS 2 now on the big sale so that´s next. Just a shame I lost my profile. I would like to find some with only going east expansion as on my old I believe I visited all towns on that. But more to do now I guess :)

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”