Fishing Planet

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
JDD
Scout

the Angler

Post by JDD »

http://theanglergame.com/

I always wanted fishing in theHunter, but maybe some one is going to beat them to it.

Discuss.
ChrisMK72
Outfitter

Re: the Angler

Post by ChrisMK72 »

Looks like TheHunter with fishing. Nice.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

JDD wrote:http://theanglergame.com/

I always wanted fishing in theHunter, but maybe some one is going to beat them to it.

Discuss.
well fishing should of been added to this game few years ago tbh. no one was doing anything decent and you would of cleaned up now. also the amount of items that can be sold is almost unmatched.

i still hope at some point theHunter team does do it still. fish from waters on the reserves gives you a option of hunting or fishing.

many on here have wanted this for years.

onto these guys beating them they are just starting by looks of it. there are two big fishing games being made at moment . one especially has leading carp tackle manufacturer backing them and is proving a hit already. the other started out well but seems to be now more focused on a mobile game.

hopefully this does end up good as i would like a good fishing game 8-)
ChrisMK72
Outfitter

Post by ChrisMK72 »

onto these guys beating them they are just starting by looks of it. there are two big fishing games being made at moment
So the hunter was too slow for it.
Now i don't think that we will see fishing in theHunter anymore.
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

Personally I just can't see fishing meshing well with oue current game. It would have to be set up so differently... and I'm personally not interested in the slightest.

This is coming from someone who does fish quite often irl.
homk
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

DonderDeer wrote:Personally I just can't see fishing meshing well with oue current game. It would have to be set up so differently... and I'm personally not interested in the slightest.

This is coming from someone who does fish quite often irl.

tbh i think fishing would bring in as many if not more than theHunter. more people fish than hunt.fishing isnt well represented in video games.

few nice simple gui changes start at lakes rivers already in theHunter add pegs locations to fish from it would transform reserves.

hunting not going well ? pull out a rod and go fishing. ;)

you just created double the reason to play theHunter with a demographic that is the best fitting subject you already specialize in.

how the team would market develop it is there business. it would work though if done well. ;)

it doesnt have to effect theHunter either unless you hunting in lakes :D
JDD
Scout

Post by JDD »

I agree with ronMctube, fishing is a huge untapped market when it come to video games. There is no good simulation game for fishing, that is similar to how the hunter is.

There is 50 million fishermen or women in North America alone, Im sure a alot of them have gaming PC's too!

They seems to be going into CBT soon, and they will be doing a re-branding and new site/forums, I don't think it will be called The Angler at release.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Looks interesting. I was originally very excited for the full release of Dovetail Games Fishing until they stated that it is only a carp fishing simulator. These people have seen the weakness in that strategy and are focusing on all species of fish. I hope they do saltwater and freshwater. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
JDD
Scout

Post by JDD »

They are starting with fresh water fishing and focusing on North America, they say to have over 28 species in the first version of the game. but are already working on tons more, alot of ponds/lakes to fish from, hundreds of different lures/bait, and many different rod and reel setups, they will be using what they call a free-to-win model, and micro transactions.
Free-to-win principle, which means you can walk the game through and win all the tournaments relying exclusively on your skills without spending a single cent.

Superb rod won’t tell you where to cast a line; good bait won’t replace working it properly; line thickness won’t protect it from breaking if the friction is not set right.

If you want to boost your game progress, buy a lot of different gear or become the owner of an exclusive fishing rod or reel, designed for specific tasks, you can do that by paying real money. The same applies to special licenses and desires to visit different water bodies more often.

They said they will have Leaderboards, Competitions, Ranking system(become a pro angler), Chat system if your at the same lake as your friend, but currently you can only fish on your own, they say they might add a feature where you can go on a bass boat with a buddy, they say saltwater could happen way down the line, but they rather focus on fresh water and North America for launch.

Anyway, their forum has some info on it already if you want to know more details, http://theanglergame.com/community
Dillion1111
Scout

Post by Dillion1111 »

100 some odd years ago when we went duck hunting on the lake we also took our fishing poles. We had our poles in the water fishing for trout while waiting for ducks.

I personally would like fishing in the hunter more because the beauty of the game, I can imagine fishing a stream on RFF and having a bear come down to join me.

Some people will say there is not market for fishing, but those same people aren't generally into fishing. It's hard to know what the market is for it but with Dove tail and now this, I guess we'll see how they do.

I personally do not think it's late for the The Hunter because the graphics engine and art development are top notch and that alone would still encourage people to drop by I believe.

I would hope that if something where to ever happen that people aren't nickle and dime'd to death for every little aspect of the game.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”