Fishing Planet

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Zaggidk
Tracker

Re: Fishing Planet

Post by Zaggidk »

chewik wrote:
Zaggidk wrote:I just started this game, and I know even less about fishing than I do about hunting.. Any tips for a complete newbie? :p
As mentioned above, Kp Shamino is great guy and his videos are awesome. Just keep in mind that some updates have significantly changed the game, so some older videos don't show actual situation. :)
and for the hints:
The most important piece of equipment is Your keepnet/stringer. it determines how much fish You sell = profit. always try to have the biggest net possible ATM.
Learn how to prepare the right combo - rod/reel/line.
Don't rush to next (higher level) lake. calculate daily fee, licence and travel costs vs. Your keepnet/stringer.
Don't buy every piece of gear available. YOu don't need it.
Thanks a lot. Been watching a few and still in missouri, think im lvl 10 now. I really enjoy float fishing and with small minnows it seems kinda good. But spoon fishing is Nice too at the pike location and seem to give good money pr kg, got the 14 kg one so far so i think its one of the best available for me atm :-)
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

YW. FP is really good game, and allows You to have a break from more action games :)
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

Used to be my favourite game, back when the catch rates were higher. I had reached lvl 22 - or 35 after the big update.

I used to play it as a passtime, catch a trophy or a unique fish from time to time, and be able to move to other lakes without much grinding.

Now I have to wait up to 20 min real time to catch a fish......somewhat closer to reality than a fish every 2-3 minutes, some may say.....

There is always a thin line between gameplay/realism, and they've messed it up IMO

If I have to wait a long time to catch a fish, I'd rather go IRL fishing (which I do during season), at least I can hear real birds chirping, take some fresh air and also pay real money for real fishing gear, that doesn't break after 10-15 fish caught.

I stay away from it since the big update.
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

kahuamp wrote:Used to be my favourite game, back when the catch rates were higher. I had reached lvl 22 - or 35 after the big update.

I used to play it as a passtime, catch a trophy or a unique fish from time to time, and be able to move to other lakes without much grinding.

Now I have to wait up to 20 min real time to catch a fish......somewhat closer to reality than a fish every 2-3 minutes, some may say.....

There is always a thin line between gameplay/realism, and they've messed it up IMO

If I have to wait a long time to catch a fish, I'd rather go IRL fishing (which I do during season), at least I can hear real birds chirping, take some fresh air and also pay real money for real fishing gear, that doesn't break after 10-15 fish caught.

I stay away from it since the big update.
Now ofcourse I can't say to much about it, but it doesnt seem that bad with fish atm, atleast here in missouri im reeling in pickerels every 3rd catch I'd say, so far atleast. Which is ofcourse just xp grinding but atleast its not that bad! :)
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Catch rates haven't changed much for me, the attempt of fixing the xp system failed, and the changes to lure physics are bad, Twitching is impossible with all lures now. Not playing during this patch at all.
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

So this is about how great I am at this game.. Now I did figure out with the brake and such after a while, Hope you won't be to mean towards me! :D
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

Seems like a really great spot in emerald lake, have you got better? :P
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

3rd video from this game! :D
OrDavid

Fishing Planet

Post by OrDavid »

Oops. I thought the thread was more for fishing. I Belize I was mistaken. haha.

I have fished Costa Rica. Not too far away.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Soo ive not been playing theHunter, Patched FP over the weekend and none of the lure physics are working.... How can they have a fishing "sim" and you cant do any lure presentation -_- Anything else in the patches the past 5-6 months evne worth looking at?

Seems they just added a new lake and did some UI improvements and tutorials, Not noticing anything else other than more bugs with physics than previously.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”