New Dirt Rally game. looks amazing.

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: New Dirt Rally game. looks amazing.

Post by ronMctube »

Cartoon Head wrote:Not really a rally fan but a massive racing fan, I play iracing a lot (you thought EW got crap for their business model) which is kinda hardcore. Is this a similar game? As in it is not Forza 57, you need a wheel to get the best out of it?
yes it is pretty hardcore.a wheel will benefit you.

you mess up its over. :D

the update yesterday brought even better handling aswell. so what was already a great game just got even better.

some people argue richard burns is better but it isnt realistic. you drive a rally car like richard burns you would be in the hedges 24/7.

dirt rally is the best rally car simulator.period.

if you thinking of getting it. get it now as with each content release the price is going up. one buy price all content free.
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

Nice, thanks for the reply, I have sim racing gear all over my house so have a few wheels to choose from, will see about picking this up
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

well as many of you know i love this game and it came out yesterday fully finished 8-)

trailer here

also my latest world record with ford focus

\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

crazy driving ron <3
Now offline. Forever.
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter

Post by JK_ElkHunter »

Will this game play well on a ps4 controller? I don't have a wheel and don't plan on buying one, but I really want to buy DiRT Rally :) .
Spoiler:

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

the game is releasing on ps4 and xbox one April 5th ;)

my latest world record

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Your first video looked like RFF. I was waiting for a herd of cows to be in the road. Your second video looked like Loggers Point. I was waiting for a big white tail to be standing in the middle of the road.

I'm also an Iracer. This game looks good.
Tripsalot
Scout

Post by Tripsalot »

Amazingly Insane! Looks like it would be fun, but out of my budget. HaHa, I'm still playing Flatout 2.
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

ronMctube wrote:.
I see you are already playing Dirt 4 Ron, was looking on Reddit and there was bear people giving you props on your channel.

How are you findning it? As good as Dirt Rally? I have it on pre-order and have to wait until Friday :(
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Dirt Rally is simcade Dirt 4 is pure arcade. As you would expect it´s a sequel to Dirt 3. Yet people are still arguing that it´s better and more realistic then Dirt Rally physics because Dirt Rally is so uneven. It has horrible tarmac and ice physics and some cars in Dirt Rally is just broken and the wheel support is a bit broken. There is a deadzone which you can´t remove and non linearity in the steering no matter what settings you try. I don´t understand people that claim it´s more realistic then RBR. You can say RBR has to little grip possible while also Dirt Rally has to much grip but the feeling when on the limits is unsurpassed. Main reason it feels like there is no grip in rbr is the lack of physical sensations when driving. run with bass shakers and a 20 nm servo motor wheel and you get back some of it but still don´t get the g-forces of course.

Can only hope Dirt Rally 2 is next and see if they can trim out the issues of Dirt Rally. As it´s RBR is totally unchallenged and I don´t think Codemasters will ever surpass it. They are to commercialized will never make a rallysim that is so unforgiving on driver errors and where you have to practise as much as a real rally driver has to be successful :)

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”