Dovetail Fishing Comming soon...

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Reggy
Scout

Re: Dovetail Fishing Comming soon...

Post by Reggy »

I re-installed it after reading this and it sure has improved. FPS capped @ 30 works, I don't like it but in this game makes no difference. I don't really care for Dovetail due to the DLC. I got Train Simulator some years ago and the DLC I don't own is $4,277.12 USD, for Euro Fishing it's only $69.88. Those are the Steam Summer Sale prices.

EF has improved greatly but I think $69.88 worth of DLC (@ 30-50% off) for a $7.99 game is a bit much. Dovetail already has too much of my money, less than EW but still too much. However the base game with no DLC plays so much better now than it did a year or 3 ago, for 8$ USD it's worth picking up IMHO. 30 FPS is about what most movies run at BTW. ymmv
"Some modern films are experimenting with frame rates higher than 24 fps, such as 48 and 60 fps"*

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

if you run a high hz monitor it makes me almost sick.game looked okay but 30 fps limit = poor console game.
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

ronMctube wrote:if you run a high hz monitor it makes me almost sick.game looked okay but 30 fps limit = poor console game.
I only have a 60Hz monitor, never played on a 144 so no idea. At 60Hz it's only combining 2 frames into 1 at higher Hz it's combining 2 for odd number frame and 3 for each even number, so yeah I believe you it was bad, and see no reason for the cap. I would have refunded it but it was a special if you owned Train Simulator you got EF when it released as a bonus for some DLC. I think, it was a long time ago. When it released it was shite! It's been uninstalled since 2015 :D
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

ronMctube wrote:if you run a high hz monitor it makes me almost sick.game looked okay but 30 fps limit = poor console game.
Na, you are exagerating. or maybe this is your 'movie maker eye'. but i have a 144 Hz, and the game is more than acceptable. and in a fishing game, you don't move a lot lol. so FPS is not as important, as with open worlds, or any other game
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

it depends how you react to low fps. i cant. motion sickness is quite common on low fps hz.

there is no reason in this day and age to be at 30 fps in games. its just cause its a crappy port. all the other fishing games i played on newer better engines arent capped to 30 fps. look better.

the funny thing is its made on unreal engine aswell so there is no real reason for it being 30 fps cap. just lazy devs.
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

lazy, when i see the quality of the DLCs i wouldn't go that far. i think as i said before, it's mainly for techinical reasons. there was a patch around to unlock the FPS, but the throwning was all messed up
Last edited by caledonianblues on June 29th, 2018, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reinstated topic subject - please stop removing them
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

@ Ron: i think you are punishing yourself. non less. the game is just amazing. and unless you really have a problem with the eyes, you can't see the game is capped, as you are immobile half of the time. don't play, if you don't want to, but you are missing something. the game is incredibly relaxing (proof btw, that the fps is not annoying. and believe me, i'm sensitive to it ;)). i have 300+ h in FP, and played UFS too, and IMO EF is far superior

rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

wow, after all the bad reviews steam has you guys seem to like it.

I just supported the poor sods with Ultimate fishing Sim in Early Acces. I suggest to steer clear from that. Its a mess.
I did treat myself the Sports Bundle of Fishing Planet but thats an Online Online game.

I' ll hear Euro Fishing a try as well. Base game then as the DLC's are stupidly priced
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

depends of what you mean by overpriced. i tried all the DLC, and believe me all the lakes are worth every penny. i think we are living in an era where ultra cheap is the standard, even if it's done at workers expense.if the company is European i think the price is correct. wait for autumn sales at worst

small edit:

not sure the resized screens give it justice. but this is what you can get for 10E. you can fish from anywhere on the border

for me 10E it's pretty much a steal. the ponds/lakes in EF look like irl. some are real big. we are very far from FP small ponds. not all DLCs are that big. because the devs favoured diversity. which is a good thing. but some lakes are really huge
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

DTG announces FSW, coming sept. 18th, on PS4, XB1, and Steam. if it's same vein of EF, i'll definitely keep an eye on it. will include boat fishing, and 7 real world spots. including Boulder lake (NY), Hohnson lake (CAN), Gigantica lake (FR), and Grand union canal (UK)

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”