Dovetail Fishing Comming soon...

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
HunterVK
Scout

Re: Dovetail Fishing Comming soon...

Post by HunterVK »

Carp is a fish that lives and feeds on the bottom in deeper waters, at least in Europe (What have you done to carp ??? :o ). We lure him with boilies, pellets, worms, etc. using bottom bite sistems. ;)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

HunterVK wrote:Carp is a fish that lives and feeds on the bottom in deeper waters, at least in Europe (What have you done to carp ??? :o ). We lure him with boilies, pellets, worms, etc. using bottom bite sistems. ;)
Carp live the same way here in the US haha. Carp are carp, no matter where they live. Same with Pike, same with trout, etc. Carp also live and feed on the bottom here too, that's where you target them. Thing is, and I don't mean this disrespectfully, they are nowhere near as complicated to catch as you guys make it across the pond LOL. Bottom systems? Yes, I have seen them. I've seen the whole setups, including the baits. At times it seems like you're spending more time gettin set up than actually fishing haha. Again, I don't mean that in any disrespect because those methods are rooted in tradition, and darn it, they work. But catching carp is as easy as setting up a #4 baitholder hook and a sinker, throwing canned corn in the water, putting 4-5 pieces on your hook and casting. That's really it. Heck, I've caught 30-35lbers (15.8 kg) on that simple little rig. But the way I see it, from one fisherman to another, is that if it works and you catch fish, and you enjoy yourself, that's all that matters.
But I really do recommend anyone to try fly fishing for carp. They will take a variety of flies, from small crayfish imitations to corn imitations. They give you so much more of a battle on a fly rod, as you feel absolutely everything. And unlike traditional fishing for them, the odds are not as highly in your favor. A big carp will easily take you into your backing multiple times, and I've even had times where I couldn't budge the darn thing until it wanted to move haha.
Here's just a little taste of fly fishing for carp for you guys:

http://youtu.be/G4jJAxkxs5g
ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

The fall colors look great anyway. Has promise.
HunterVK
Scout

Post by HunterVK »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
HunterVK wrote:Carp is a fish that lives and feeds on the bottom in deeper waters, at least in Europe (What have you done to carp ??? :o ). We lure him with boilies, pellets, worms, etc. using bottom bite sistems. ;)
Carp live the same way here in the US haha. Carp are carp, no matter where they live. Same with Pike, same with trout, etc. Carp also live and feed on the bottom here too, that's where you target them. Thing is, and I don't mean this disrespectfully, they are nowhere near as complicated to catch as you guys make it across the pond LOL. Bottom systems? Yes, I have seen them. I've seen the whole setups, including the baits. At times it seems like you're spending more time gettin set up than actually fishing haha. Again, I don't mean that in any disrespect because those methods are rooted in tradition, and darn it, they work. But catching carp is as easy as setting up a #4 baitholder hook and a sinker, throwing canned corn in the water, putting 4-5 pieces on your hook and casting. That's really it. Heck, I've caught 30-35lbers (15.8 kg) on that simple little rig. But the way I see it, from one fisherman to another, is that if it works and you catch fish, and you enjoy yourself, that's all that matters.
But I really do recommend anyone to try fly fishing for carp. They will take a variety of flies, from small crayfish imitations to corn imitations. They give you so much more of a battle on a fly rod, as you feel absolutely everything. And unlike traditional fishing for them, the odds are not as highly in your favor. A big carp will easily take you into your backing multiple times, and I've even had times where I couldn't budge the darn thing until it wanted to move haha.
Here's just a little taste of fly fishing for carp for you guys:

http://youtu.be/G4jJAxkxs5g

I think you're wrong, catching carp is very difficult, most difficult of all freshwater fish. It's smartest and most cautious fish. You have several types of carp, but only one is a real challenge, We call him wild carp.
Maybe you had experience with the wrong (fishpond) version of carp
Or wit this one

However I think we gone a bit offtopic ;)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Dovetail Fishing Comming soon...

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

That's just a name. The species that you call Wild Carp over in EU are known as Common Carp here. Read your own link. Bill Markle-25.2 lb COMMON CARP-Fulton-NY. Guess what? I live in Buffalo, NY. ;)It's the same fish, sorry to tell you. And please, do not insult my abilities by claiming that I've caught only pond versions. Or Koi, if you'd rather? Carp are as easy or as difficult as you want them to be. Sure, as said I can catch a lot of them on plain canned corn. Heck, they even hit bread. But..I like the challenge of hitting them with flies. That means NO BAIT. You don't chum, or use anything to attract them to try area. You use your eyes, and cast to feeding carp. But, if they see you, you're done. Move on, cuz once a carp is spooked it will not take. Trust me, I know what I'm doing when it comes to carp fishing. Instead of trying to insult me when I never even said anythjng remotely offensive to you, learn a little something. Carp aren't as high and mighty as you think they are. Come on over to the States here, try fishing for Musky, the Pike's much bigger cousin. The Muskellunge didn't earn it nickname "The Fish of 1000 Casts" by being a ******. While you're here, try King Salmon on for size. You wanna see smart, dangle an egg in front of its face that is JUST A TINY BIT too large or small, and watch how maddening it is when it just sits there feeding all around your bait but not touching yours. And by all means, fish for carp. You'll soon see why Carp aren't as revered over here. Sure, I love catching them too. And I make it a challenge for myself. I could just as easily use a little can of corn that I bought from a store, go to the Niagara River down the street from me, look for dock areas where I know they like to feed, and catch em all day long.
HunterVK
Scout

Post by HunterVK »

Take it easy, nobody's trying to insult U I have my opinion and experiences and you have yours. But when you say that catch carp is not a big deal I disagree with you, and I think the millions of anglers would disagree with you. If you say you have more challenges to catch some other species I respect that... ;)
ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

Jack.Grave wrote::arrow: B'n'B that game looks quite promising, but developing studio (DTG) will flood that game insanely amount of DLC's (quite overpriced) and hell bad customer support (I am dealing with them for years with their main product Train Simulator 20xx ex. Railsiworks). And main issue with them they do not listen to their customers. J
True. I looked at Train Simulator and it seemed to be priced on the high side. I hope the fishing game is not like that. But graphically, that dev team can produce some good looking content - so hopefully their fishing game will look fantastic. Perhaps they choose carp as it is so different from most bass fishing games. I will look forward to seeing what they do with fly fishing.

I can only hope it does fishing like theHunter does hunting- a challenge for a game. Most fishing games are too easy and you can see all the fish underwater, etc.
creonx
Tracker

Post by creonx »

HunterVK. I heard that in the US they have big Problems with Carps invading the Watersystem. I recently saw a Video where they drove trough a River on a Boat and all those Carps where just jumping around, even inside the Boat. So i guess on one of those Rivers its much easier to catch Carps then here in Europe where the Population is not exploding like Overseas.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

creonx wrote:HunterVK. I heard that in the US they have big Problems with Carps invading the Watersystem. I recently saw a Video where they drove trough a River on a Boat and all those Carps where just jumping around, even inside the Boat. So i guess on one of those Rivers its much easier to catch Carps then here in Europe where the Population is not exploding like Overseas.
Educate yourself. The ones you speak of are not Common Carp but an invasive species, the Asian Carp, Silver Carp in this case. Anyway, I tried to have a decent conversation here, but find it's just about impossible as people just don't wanna take time and listen and learn. So whatever. Believe what you like.
creonx
Tracker

Post by creonx »

Well, at least you told us in every Post how awesome Flyfishing on Carps is. And you did the Job of educating me pretty good btw. ;)

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”