Dovetail Fishing Comming soon...

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Dovetail Fishing Comming soon...

Post by ronMctube »

it depends on the location and environment for the carp.

some overstocked over run places will be a case of literally taking them out by hand on natural very wild unpopulated places often they will be very Wiley.

for eg a place i used to fish was covered in weed and there was so many carp in it you could literally walk on them :lol:

you could in that pond hand feed them bread :lol:

yet on other lakes i fish with only a handful in you would be lucky to see the few or even catch one in your life time.
HunterVK
Scout

Post by HunterVK »

ronMctube wrote:it depends on the location and environment for the carp.

some overstocked over run places will be a case of literally taking them out by hand on natural very wild unpopulated places often they will be very Wiley.

for eg a place i used to fish was covered in weed and there was so many carp in it you could literally walk on them :lol:

you could in that pond hand feed them bread :lol:

yet on other lakes i fish with only a handful in you would be lucky to see the few or even catch one in your life time.
Exactly, Carp in European waters is not nearly what I've seen here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4jJAxkx ... e=youtu.be
More like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuW6v3d0QZM
Especially on the river when u feeding spots for days to lure carp and then when you come fishing he's playing with you eating all around except your bait. 50 times he take the bait and then spit it out, bite alarms go crazy and keeps you alerted for hours while you expect a real bite ..
But experiences are obviously different and this is tough to discuss..
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

if you go on their facebook they have some new screenshots.
HunterVK
Scout

Post by HunterVK »

ronMctube wrote:if you go on their facebook they have some new screenshots.
I just did, amazing ! :D
MoonpieSpotlight
Hunter

Post by MoonpieSpotlight »

Fletchette wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:
Fletchette wrote:People fish for carp?!?!?!.......Why? :o
Really?? Carp are CRAZY FUN, especially on a fly rod! You've never fished for carp? Try it sometime. They are fished much differently in Europe than here in the States, but a carp is a carp. I love catching carp on flies. They are actually quite intelligent and can be tough to get to bite. Fly anglers like to call them the "Bonefish of Freshwater". The sheer power and the fight is simply amazing. I even had an 8lb Common Carp absolutely whip my butt before I finally got him in, but on conventional tackle (spinning, baitcasting) I have caught MUCH bigger fish such as King Salmon and Musky, and I've NEVER been that tired after a fight with a fish!!
Around here we shoot them with bows, and occasionally shotguns. Then throw them on the bank for raccoons to eat. Without touching of course, ewwwww, because touching them will give you Leprosy !!!
I grew up in SE Missouri and can attest to the above statement.
Map1
Hunter

Post by Map1 »

When it will be released`??
Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Post by Jack.Grave »

Probably around X-mass this year, no exact date confirmed yet. Jack
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

I'll be keeping an eye on this game. A perfect compliment to theHunter. After going and baggin some animals you put on your waders and cast a few flies for some trout (eventually).
Eggenberg
Trophy Hunter

Post by Eggenberg »

My kid brother's carp-crazy. The amount of ca$h he spends on his hobby - equipment and trips to the prime areas in England and Europe - is staggering.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

yes my mate on ts now just spent a small fortune on a weeks fishing and has now just planned another to france soon.

its not a cheap hobby :D

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”