Dovetail Fishing Comming soon...

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Fletchette wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:
Fletchette wrote:People fish for carp?!?!?!.......Why? :o
Really?? Carp are CRAZY FUN, especially on a fly rod! You've never fished for carp? Try it sometime. They are fished much differently in Europe than here in the States, but a carp is a carp. I love catching carp on flies. They are actually quite intelligent and can be tough to get to bite. Fly anglers like to call them the "Bonefish of Freshwater". The sheer power and the fight is simply amazing. I even had an 8lb Common Carp absolutely whip my butt before I finally got him in, but on conventional tackle (spinning, baitcasting) I have caught MUCH bigger fish such as King Salmon and Musky, and I've NEVER been that tired after a fight with a fish!!
Around here we shoot them with bows, and occasionally shotguns. Then throw them on the bank for raccoons to eat. Without touching of course, ewwwww, because touching them will give you Leprosy !!!
Leprosy?!?!? :lol: Hmmm...I seem to be ok..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/B ... 5nhwxp.jpg

Upon further inspection, I still have all my limbs...:lol: Carp won't give you leprosy, man. Listening to stupid people will rot your brain though ;) Seriously, try actually fishing for them. I guarantee you, the fight will be one to remember. Right up there with Gar. ;)
Faran
Outfitter

Re: Dovetail Fishing Comming soon...

Post by Faran »

Jack.Grave wrote::arrow: B'n'B that game looks quite promising, but developing studio (DTG) will flood that game insanely amount of DLC's (quite overpriced) and hell bad customer support (I am dealing with them for years with their main product Train Simulator 20xx ex. Railsiworks). And main issue with them they do not listen to their customers. J
Oh wow, is it those guys that are making this?

Train Simulator's DLCs are incredibly overpriced (one train for like €20, should be tops €5 IMO), so it's no surprise if any DLC for this game will follow the same track.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

tbh i don't mind paying if its good !

no one else seems to want a good looking fishing game. most games look like they are from 1990 :lol:

there's only one modern fishing game with carp in and it looks like above. 1990 graphics.there is definitely a market for this.
Nappie

Post by Nappie »

was browsing the other day and found korda are sponsoring it as well now.

so when we land fish its gonna be yeeesssssssssssss pukka cmonnnnnnnnn.

hopefully tho with the money korda got it will be a good thing and some good carp like tactics.

other than this game there is carp3d and carp fishing simulator. carp3d was getting updated i read on facebook earlier this year.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Fishing for Carp- That is a total blast! We mix up corn meal dough balls and use that for bait- Love catching them, they fight like crazy! Then, when you do get them out, yeah, throw it on the bank for whatever scavenger comes along- Hey, they gotta eat too :D
Here's my best old standbuy Carp recipe:
Take a piece of baking cardboard-lay the fish out- cover in seasoning and bake for 45m@325deg - Take it out and let rest for 15 minutes- Remove the carp, sprinkle cheese on the cardboard - slice cardboard up into single size servings and eat the cardboard, throw the carp out for the cats, they love baked carp!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

in uk you would get your head stomped for that :D

we very carp friendly ;)

in other europeon countries though they love eating em. :lol:
creonx
Tracker

Post by creonx »

Think UK & Germany are the Carp-Freak Countrys No. 1. People here go crazy on fishing Carp. They go out with their Tents 2 Weeks just to catch Carps all Day. And yes...in Germany People also eat them. I never went for Carps but everytime I go fishing I hear People talking about how crazy Carp Drills are.

Fishing in TheHunter = quitting my Job :D
Catafesta
Tracker

Post by Catafesta »

Fletchette wrote: Around here we shoot them with bows, and occasionally shotguns. Then throw them on the bank for raccoons to eat. Without touching of course, ewwwww, because touching them will give you Leprosy !!!
Leprosy? I never heard about that. Here in Brazil this fish is really common and everyone fish and eat it.
HunterVK
Scout

Post by HunterVK »

Fletchette wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:
Fletchette wrote:People fish for carp?!?!?!.......Why? :o
Really?? Carp are CRAZY FUN, especially on a fly rod! You've never fished for carp? Try it sometime. They are fished much differently in Europe than here in the States, but a carp is a carp. I love catching carp on flies. They are actually quite intelligent and can be tough to get to bite. Fly anglers like to call them the "Bonefish of Freshwater". The sheer power and the fight is simply amazing. I even had an 8lb Common Carp absolutely whip my butt before I finally got him in, but on conventional tackle (spinning, baitcasting) I have caught MUCH bigger fish such as King Salmon and Musky, and I've NEVER been that tired after a fight with a fish!!
Around here we shoot them with bows, and occasionally shotguns. Then throw them on the bank for raccoons to eat. Without touching of course, ewwwww, because touching them will give you Leprosy !!!
Are you sure you mean on this (Carp) fish??? :
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

HunterVK wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote: Really?? Carp are CRAZY FUN, especially on a fly rod! You've never fished for carp? Try it sometime. They are fished much differently in Europe than here in the States, but a carp is a carp. I love catching carp on flies. They are actually quite intelligent and can be tough to get to bite. Fly anglers like to call them the "Bonefish of Freshwater". The sheer power and the fight is simply amazing. I even had an 8lb Common Carp absolutely whip my butt before I finally got him in, but on conventional tackle (spinning, baitcasting) I have caught MUCH bigger fish such as King Salmon and Musky, and I've NEVER been that tired after a fight with a fish!!
Are you sure you mean on this (Carp) fish??? :
Yes, he does. Keep in mind, carp are not the revered game fish here in the US that they are in Europe. Granted, I personally think it's unjust because I love to fly fish for big carp, but with the abundance of carp here in the States people come up with interesting ways to fish for them. Every single State in the US is loaded with big Carp. Would be a European carp Fisherman's dream. I don't do it personally as I'm not a fan, but bowfishing for carp is very popular in the US. It's no less barbaric than hooking a fish in the mouth, as we know hooks end up in strange places. People that bowfish for carp, gar, buffalo fish, etc aren't slaughtering them, they are keeping and consuming them just like anyone who fishes for food. Well, except Fletchette. I mean c'mon...the guy thinks they cause leprosy! What? :lol:
From a personal standpoint, I will target carp with my fly rods mostly. Carp are very wary adversaries, and provide a terrific fight on a fly rod. I also release them to get bigger and fight another day. Carp are becoming more and more coveted around here by fly fishermen due to their intelligence. It's very easy to spook them, and they have earned te nickname "Bonefish of Freshwater". Try fly fishing for them, you'll have much more respect for the big slugs haha. And some pretty sore arms. ;)

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”