Any Minecraft players here?

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
mud074
Outfitter

Re: Any Minecraft players here?

Post by mud074 »

MC, but with guns:http://www.ace-spades.com

A fun little voxel-based game, if you find a server that people are using strategy instead of blindly ramming themselves into the enemy, it can be great fun. It had an amazing random map generator that just about forced you to use strategy since there was almost no premade cover, but now almost all the maps are player made and have ready made structure.
A1n4n0o4
Outfitter

Post by A1n4n0o4 »

mud074 wrote:MC, but with guns:http://www.ace-spades.com

A fun little voxel-based game, if you find a server that people are using strategy instead of blindly ramming themselves into the enemy, it can be great fun. It had an amazing random map generator that just about forced you to use strategy since there was almost no premade cover, but now almost all the maps are player made and have ready made structure.
Hahaha that game's funny. Someone else playing it ?
bromstarzan
Outfitter

Post by bromstarzan »

Good fun this Ace of Spades!
A1n4n0o4
Outfitter

Post by A1n4n0o4 »

But a lot of cheaters and hackers around there.
Grizzly17
Hunter

Post by Grizzly17 »

For a long time...I always heard of, 'minecraft' but, never knew what it was..... I finally bought the xbox version, and I have to say, it's pretty darn good! I thought the map was going to be really really small, but it turns out that the map is actually HUGE. Well not compare to the PC version.

I'm very happy that I bought the game :) and I'm having alot of fun! :D

Faran
Outfitter

Post by Faran »

WiiHunter wrote:For a long time...I always heard of, 'minecraft' but, never knew what it was..... I finally bought the xbox version, and I have to say, it's pretty darn good! I thought the map was going to be really really small, but it turns out that the map is actually HUGE. Well not compare to the PC version.

I'm very happy that I bought the game :) and I'm having alot of fun! :D
There are more features on the PC-version, given the fact that the Xbox version has a different version. For example, on PC you have to worry about hunger, but as far as I remember, you do not have to on the Xbox.

Plus, there are a bunch of cool mods for the PC. I've recently downloaded the famous mod pack called Technic which kind of modernizes Minecraft so you can get all technical with machines, pipes, nuclear reactors etc. The mod is so big, it even has its own launcher!
A1n4n0o4
Outfitter

Post by A1n4n0o4 »

When i build a wheat field i always make it this way.

It's not my own invention. I've seen it some time ago when watching a minecraft let's play by german let's player "Gronkh". Can only recommend him. My one looks a bit different but it's the exactly same theory.

Here's how he makes it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYU7b34xAJI Part 1 of 7

I might also be able to explain it.
Grizzly17
Hunter

Post by Grizzly17 »

Faran wrote:There are more features on the PC-version, given the fact that the Xbox version has a different version. For example, on PC you have to worry about hunger, but as far as I remember, you do not have to on the Xbox.

Plus, there are a bunch of cool mods for the PC. I've recently downloaded the famous mod pack called Technic which kind of modernizes Minecraft so you can get all technical with machines, pipes, nuclear reactors etc. The mod is so big, it even has its own launcher!
Actually, you do have a hunger bar in the xbox version. If you play in : Easy normal or hard modes. But, if you have it in peaceful mode, then you don't have the hunger bar........ And also you don't have to worry about your health, because it heals up really fast if you get hurt. And monsters don't come out at night. So that's why I'm doing peaceful mode, because I'm new to this, and I stink at feeding my guy. :lol:

Faran
Outfitter

Post by Faran »

WiiHunter wrote:
Faran wrote:There are more features on the PC-version, given the fact that the Xbox version has a different version. For example, on PC you have to worry about hunger, but as far as I remember, you do not have to on the Xbox.

Actually, you do have a hunger bar in the xbox version. If you play in : Easy normal or hard modes. But, if you have it in peaceful mode, then you don't have the hunger bar........ And also you don't have to worry about your health, because it heals up really fast if you get hurt. And monsters don't come out at night. So that's why I'm doing peaceful mode, because I'm new to this, and I stink at feeding my guy. :lol:
Oh, so you do have it. I've only really watched some local split-screen gameplay, so I don't know how the Xbox version works really. I was planning on buying it, but deemed it unnecessary since I already had it for the PC.
lelionmoddeur
Tracker

Post by lelionmoddeur »

i play minecraft too :D

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”