Any Minecraft players here?

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Faran
Outfitter

Any Minecraft players here?

Post by Faran »

I just searched for Minecraft here in the Other Games & Tech Talk forum and there are pretty much no topics about this. Aren't there anybody here who plays Minecraft? Does anybody even know what it is? I have played it since Alpha, and I am really enjoying playing it since Beta 1.8 (Adventure Update) came out.
Last edited by Faran on October 14th, 2011, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Any Minecraft players here?

Post by HooCairs »

Tried once earlier this year and just started playing again on 1.7. I don't let it upgrade yet as I don't like the food option. The game has one big competitor though (guess who) so it doesn't come out of the toy box very often. I haven't taken the time yet too look into mods either. The updates come so fast most mods don't appear to keep up.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Faran
Outfitter

Post by Faran »

I've never really bothered with mods. I think that they make the game too complicated. The only "modding" I use are texture packs, but they keep up with the updates much better.

Also, the food thingy isn't so bad, but the only thing that's a bit of is that the health regenerates half a heart every four seconds with a nice full food bar. So it takes a while to get the health back, and that can be stressful in some cases, like a creeper swarm. This will hopefully get better on 1.9 where you will be able to make potions.
mud074
Outfitter

Post by mud074 »

I love the food update, I once got stuck in a mineshaft with 1/2 of a heart left after a tussel with 2 creepers, a blue spider, and an enderman. It is real nerve-racking in situations like that :D

I have not played minecraft for awhile because it just doesn't feel right, like the look of the game has changed. I will start up the game, I look around a bit, and then quit.
buckfever
Scout

Post by buckfever »

I used to play it alot. But now I'll just do what mud074 does. I look around for a sec, then leave.
Magnum1973
Scout

Post by Magnum1973 »

You can play on peaceful or in creative mode and the food won't make a difference. I think tomorrow is the last of the updates to it, and then they are cleaning up the code and getting ready for it's official release in November. I never thought a game based on squares could be so addicting. Addicting enough that I rent a server. lol
CJJ
Spotter

Post by CJJ »

Yep, I've been playing since Alpha as well, got it at its cheapest price as well thankfully, because it has been my best value game, considering how much I paid for it :D

It has definitely changed since then, but I still love it and play it from time to time. Right now though I am waiting for 1.9 to come out, before creating a new world and exploring, and finding new stuff to do. I have played 1.8 a bit, but other games have took my interest more (for example, this one).
Faran
Outfitter

Post by Faran »

Yeah, it has REALLY changed. Some things I like, and some thins I don't like.
Kolby
Hunter

Post by Kolby »

I thought they were going to continue updating til 11/11/11?
mud074
Outfitter

Post by mud074 »

and past that. They are not just going to stop when it is not in alpha or beta.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”