What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Post by SoftShoe »

dj.p.king wrote: it was built for rFactor racing sim
Great game! I still play it on occasion. To scratch my sim racing itch I mostly do iRacing & Assetto Corsa now.

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

ronMctube wrote:you will be better off unless you can get one mega cheap just getting a newer nvidia or amd card if you must.
Very true! About a month ago I replaced my old GTX 960 with a GTX 1080ti & its like its a brand new computer! Sure it wasnt a cheap card but it was allot cheaper than a whole new computer which is what I was planning on doing.

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i think the main thing is budget.he was suggesting to sli his card which is a lower end budget card. realistically you wouldnt put such a high end card in his rig. more than capable of playing most things.just mentioned the crossfire possible issues due to the limited vram on the cards he has. 1060gb would be faster and have 6gb vram if he chose that model but still be okay in his system.
dj.p.king
Scout

Post by dj.p.king »

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated :)
Season 26

1 Range record Season 23 - Dall 583.110 m, 1 Range record Season 25 - Dall 601.410 m
PB range, Xbow 230.230, Bow 471.180, Rifle 601.410
Game play 2700+ hours/hunter score 19000+ http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/stats.php?username=djpking
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

This is my latest update..I was quite disappointed with overall performance since I have bought the rig..I am playing all sort of games..Until recently when I discovered 4 very important factors when you are using AMD SETUP (NOOB ALERT!!):

1. I was using DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX Red 16GB 3200Mhz and I have found after more than a month that it was working by default settings on 2166Mhz. When I enabled XMP in BIOS, the PC suddenly came to life.

2. I set up my power options to Ultimate Performance.

3. I set the Wattman settings for my Vega 64 liquid cooled to Turbo mode (I also tried manual options but it was crashing all the time).

OPTIONAL

4. Because I am playing a lot of FPS games I replaced 27" with 24" 1080p MSI Optix MAG24C, Free Sync, 144Hz, 1ms.

After I made these 4 adjustments, I can say with confidence that my "cheaper" option of the gaming rig (in comparison with Intel and Nvidia setup) is now working as it would be expected. FPS and performance in all games overall can be matched with Intel/Nvidia setup accordingly. If you are using Ryzen setup it would be mandatory to fill it up with 3200Mhz RAM modules. I was smart enough to buy them in the first place but stupid not to double check their performance accordingly.

Monitor 1: MSI Optix MAG24C 1080p 144Hz 1ms FreeSync
Monitor 2: ASUS MG278Q 27" 1440p 144Hz 1ms FreeSync
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING (rev.1.0)
DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX Red 16GB 3200Mhz
XFX AMD Radeon RX VEGA 64 (Liquid Cooled)
3 x SSD (500GB)
PSU Corsair CX 750W, Modular, 80 plus Bronze
Keyboard Razer BLACKWIDOW Tournament Edition CHROMA V2
Mouse Steelseries RIVAL 500
Headphones VOID PRO Surround 7.1
Corsair Computer Case Obsidian Series 450D
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

First time since years a useful upgrade for my oced system is available.
Atm waiting for a motherboard to be released in Germany - planned upgrade after release is:

cpu: i9-9900k @ 5.3ghz+ on all cores @h2o
board: evga z390 dark
ram: corsair 32gb (2x16gb) ddr4 4133mhz
radiator: Mo-Ra3 420 pro
case: Lian Li PC-D888WX with modded sound insulation

With the new radiator i need a new case cuz the old case is to small for external mounting of the radiator.

Old stuff which will be used again:
ssds: 4 * 960gb corsair neutron xti in raid 0
psu: corsair ax1200i
gpus: 2 * evga geforce 1080ti kingpin @h2o
hdd: 3tb western digital
Now offline. Forever.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

\m/ wrote:First time since years a useful upgrade for my oced system is available.
Atm waiting for a motherboard to be released in Germany - planned upgrade after release is:

cpu: i9-9900k @ 5.3ghz+ on all cores @h2o
board: evga z390 dark
ram: corsair 32gb (2x16gb) ddr4 4133mhz
radiator: Mo-Ra3 420 pro
case: Lian Li PC-D888WX with modded sound insulation

With the new radiator i need a new case cuz the old case is to small for external mounting of the radiator.

Old stuff which will be used again:
ssds: 4 * 960gb corsair neutron xti in raid 0
psu: corsair ax1200i
gpus: 2 * evga geforce 1080ti kingpin @h2o
hdd: 3tb western digital

:o BEAST
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

too get the 9900k to that speed (are you buying a binned chip ? ) you will be very lucky. also the heat at that speed is gunna be warm. great cpu best gaming chip at moment.

what did you have previously cpu wise ?
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I recently switched from the i9-7900X to the i9-9900K. I picked up a pre-binned one from OcUK. It caps out at 5.1GHz but I paid £1k for the chip, as opposed to £500 for the regular retail edition. Not really worth the jump in price to be honest, but I'm a sucker. I'm cooling it with XSPC components and it has a dedicated 480 external radiator with Corsair ML120 Pro fans. Keeps it cool.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Its a pretested cpu, from a well known german oc master. Delidded, with a smoothed pure silver IHS (for cooler temps, should give around -20 degrees celsius). Guaranteed running at 5.1 ghz at around 1.3v, which should give enough room for higher clocks. Cooling solution is a complete custom loop with max performance.
The MoRa is for 9*140 or 18*140 fans.. Or 4*200 fans / 8*200 fans.

Old cpu is a 2600k, oced to 24/7 usage at 5.3ghz, member of evgas 5ghz club. Needed a few to get one real good.
Last edited by \m/ on December 11th, 2018, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now offline. Forever.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”