What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Re: What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Post by Schlachtwolf »

The Asus Rog Strix RTX 2080 8gb OC is a BEAST..... My rig is preforming on Userbenchmark "above average" Ryzen 2700x is OC to 4.1 GHZ and the 2080 to 1920 mhz (stock 1830 mhz) no issues with heat on an Asus MB, the highest with call of the wild is 72c without a WC so I don't think I'll need one. I could push both abit more but the preformance versus stability isn't really worth it. The RTX 2080ti 11gb would probably need a WC though. MY PC BEAST IS FINISHED FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS !!!!
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I've just this afternoon installed two Asus Strix OC RTX 2080 Ti cards, with Phanteks Glacier RGB waterblocks. So far the benchmarks are impressive and under full load both cards are sitting about 61°C. Insane performance. The GPUs are on a dedicated loop with a 480mm external radiator.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I thought the 2080ti would need WC, but yes I believe the 2080ti is insane but so is the price :lol: I was going to get the 1080ti but it is not available in Germany.... anywhere...

this is the price in Germany, the RTX 2080 OC is 800€
https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info ... 79848.html

The RTX 2080ti with WB
https://www.amazon.de/Gigabyte-Grafikka ... 6937152399
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Yeah the 2080 Ti is overpriced, but you're paying for the fact it's still new tech. I paid £1,635 per card. The performance is blistering though, so no regrets so far.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Wouldn't let me edit my previous post, but I just upgraded my monitor and graphics card. :)

Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-D3H
Processor: I7-4770 3.4Ghz
Ram: 16 GB DDR3 1600
Graphics: MSI ARMOR OC AMD RX 570 4gb
Power: 500W
Standard Asus business case and fan cooled
Monitor: Acer 24" curved widescreen 144mhz with Freesync

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

It looks like it's going to be a very interesting summer! AMD announced in their keynote speech at Computex 2019 that their new ZEN 2 CPU's and NAVI GPU's will hit stores July 7th!! Look out Intel and Nvidia!!
RickC
Outfitter

Post by RickC »

caledonianblues wrote:I've just this afternoon installed two Asus Strix OC RTX 2080 Ti cards, with Phanteks Glacier RGB waterblocks. So far the benchmarks are impressive and under full load both cards are sitting about 61°C. Insane performance. The GPUs are on a dedicated loop with a 480mm external radiator.
TWO, because TWO is always better than one. :P :P
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Oh sli that awful invention that really never works. When it gives you the fps you are stuck with the stutter or increased input lag. Am I wrong or have they finally fixed the sync time issue?
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

knott wrote:Oh sli that awful invention that really never works. When it gives you the fps you are stuck with the stutter or increased input lag. Am I wrong or have they finally fixed the sync time issue?
It does work, the problem is that users often have unrealistic expectations. Like many technologies, SLI performance is dependent on the game or application. With some games I can see performance increases in the 90% range. Others, it's as low as 10%. For 3D rendering it makes a tremendous difference. The main drawback is that many developers choose not to optimise for SLI since such a small percentage of gamers actually adopt the technology. That reality probably won't change any time soon given the costs associated with a high-end SLI rig. If you want to play the latest demanding games at 4K on ultra settings and rarely see drops below 120 FPS then, in my opinion, you probably need to consider SLI. That being said, I would not recommend it to the average user. You need a decent CPU also, this is vitally important. There's no sense in having a couple of high-end GPUs running in SLI if your CPU is creating a huge bottleneck, as this will just leave you worse off than if you had a single GPU.

Some SLI performance figures I gathered not too long back (all games running at 4K on ultra settings):

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 65% increase
GTA V - 90% increase
Far Cry 5 - 35% increase

SLI is definitely a luxury option. You don't need it. But, it does work, and in some cases it works exceptionally well. Whether you can personally justify the return is a personal choice. For me, it's a no-brainer.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

At best I saw a 90 % performance increase. But there was always stutter or they fixed the stutter by introducing input lag to make sure they synced correctly. I can see the use for rendering but not games where response is important. I had hope for it for vr thinking it would be easier since all vr games is designed for dual images but no that never happened :(

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”