What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Re: What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Building myself a nice rig at the moment in a nice ATX Sharkoon case with a few extra USB ports….

Rog Strix 470 mainboard
Ryzen 7 2700x OC
32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram (total overkill but if you have slots you gotta fill them :lol: )
BeQuiet 700W Gold Pure Power 11

and what is still in is

Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB OC
Artic Freezer WC 120mm
1TB Samsung SSD
1TB Seagate HDD
DVD, Bluetooth etc

Add to that my new AOC curved 27 Zoll 144Hrz monitor I believe I at last have a very decent rig put together !!! Later in the year my aim is to get a 1080Ti 11GB.....

FPS up to a steady 80 in Picaboo and 120 in less demanding reserves makes it like a new game again… its's such a fun journey this PC building thing and many here in the forum have given me some great help and tips.
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

WillowCreeks

Post by WillowCreeks »

Is anyone using one they haven't built? I am far from a tech savvy person but I am looking for a new computer or laptop to be able to play it. My laptop, an asus sonicmaster (maybe?) has intel and seven and hasn't played the game after an update they did. This, besides the sims, is the only game I really play and I haven't because of my computer, which btw doesn't even play the sims now.

Any advice is appreciated.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

WillowCreeks wrote:Is anyone using one they haven't built? I am far from a tech savvy person but I am looking for a new computer or laptop to be able to play it. My laptop, an asus sonicmaster (maybe?) has intel and seven and hasn't played the game after an update they did. This, besides the sims, is the only game I really play and I haven't because of my computer, which btw doesn't even play the sims now.

Building a desktop/tower PC is really easy, and really anyone can do it. That said, there are many pre-built computers that can play this game, and most games. You just have to be sure it has a GPU (graphics card) and a CPU that are decent. For example, at least an NVidia GTX1060 or better graphics card, or the AMD equivalent. Gaming on laptops is a different issue, and although they certainly exist, they will be considerably more expensive than an equivalent desktop PC.
Personal Bests...
JM Hunter

Post by JM Hunter »

WillowCreeks wrote:Is anyone using one they haven't built? I am far from a tech savvy person but I am looking for a new computer or laptop to be able to play it. My laptop, an asus sonicmaster (maybe?) has intel and seven and hasn't played the game after an update they did. This, besides the sims, is the only game I really play and I haven't because of my computer, which btw doesn't even play the sims now.

My last 2 computers have been Dell XPS. My first XPS lasted 8 years with 2 graphics card and a power supply update. My current PC was bought in 2016 and runs everything I want to play just fine with a GTX 980 graphics card although I will probably upgrade it in the next year.
WillowCreeks

Post by WillowCreeks »

JM Hunter wrote:

My last 2 computers have been Dell XPS. My first XPS lasted 8 years with 2 graphics card and a power supply update. My current PC was bought in 2016 and runs everything I want to play just fine with a GTX 980 graphics card although I will probably upgrade it in the next year.
And if I was just to go to amazon or bestbuy and get this one it would run fine for a few months without upgrades? Budget is tight and I can't afford to go through multiple computers to find the right one or to pay someone do any upgrading if I can avoid it.
JM Hunter

Post by JM Hunter »

WillowCreeks wrote:
JM Hunter wrote:

And if I was just to go to amazon or bestbuy and get this one it would run fine for a few months without upgrades? Budget is tight and I can't afford to go through multiple computers to find the right one or to pay someone do any upgrading if I can avoid it.
I can only speak about my own personal experience which is with the top end machines in that model (XPS). My machines have run just fine. My current PC is 2 1/2 years old with no problems. But please research them, do not just take my opinion on it. If you do decide to buy one buy it directly from dell. Comes with 1 year in home service. Buying direct allows you to pick the options you want as well. BTW, I think the new models come with a 1070 or 1080 graphics card option.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

sort out your budget you can actually afford then people can advise to your needs. nothing wrong with ready made built pcs. ideally though you can make a better cheaper pc yourself. its not hard even if you not sure how to do it. you watch a few youtube tutorials. then its a few positive screws and a few wires to connect.
JM Hunter

Post by JM Hunter »

ronMctube wrote:sort out your budget you can actually afford then people can advise to your needs.
Good advice Ron.
As soon as I buy a new PC I start squirreling away a few dollars here and there towards upgrades and eventually a new machine. That way I always have the funds on hand to be able to purchase what I need.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

for anyone that doesnt know this summer new amd cpus are out and going to be great value for money and very fast. so if your inline for a new pc try hold on till summer.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

So my final (for a few years anyway unless something busts) upgrade has arrived... the RTX 2080 8GB OC from Asus Rog Strix, the 2080 ti at 1400€ is maddness !!!! Call of the Wild and a few other games I play really stretched my GTX 1060 6gb so my final build is...

Asus Rog Strix B470-F mainboard
Ryzen 7 2700x OC from 3.7 to 4.1Ghz -Temp not over 50c by prolonged gaming !!!
32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz Ram (total overkill but if you have slots you gotta fill them :lol: )
BeQuiet 700W Gold Pure Power 11
Asus Rog Strix RTX2080 OC 8gb
Artic Freezer WC 2x120mm fans
2 x 500GB Samsung Evo 860 SSD
1TB Seagate HDD
DVD, Bluetooth, 1 extra case fan 120mm with red LED from Corsair
Case is a ATX Gaming with Red Leds from Sharkoon
Monitor is AOC 27" Curved 144 Hrz 1ms.....

Cost=Don't tell the wife level..... :lol:

1 year ago I was playing on my 15" Lenovo laptop with an intel 5i 8gb ram with an integrated graphic with 2gb.....how the Hunter can drive you to a pyschosis !!! :shock:

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”