Revontuli Coast...?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Revontuli Coast...?

Post by outrider »

i thought we were getting all new reserves free. that was my understanding when i purchased the game when it was released . i have gotten all of the others for free.
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Revontuli Coast...?

Post by ronMctube »

outrider wrote:i thought we were getting all new reserves free. that was my understanding when i purchased the game when it was released . i have gotten all of the others for free.
base game you got two maps. it was never said anywhere you would get new reserves free just that there wouldnt be micro transactions. ;)

revontuli coast is probably the best reserve period. its on offer on steam also.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

It´s buggy though. I got it against better knowledge. First day I loved it. I felt like home. Not sure if it´s the scandinavian forest or it appears they borrowed maps from Generation zero but wow I really felt I been there. But then day two and instantly the main story bugs out EW style. I am stuck on follow the blue trail main story mission "2". Not sure what you can try I tried jumping to various reserves. Jumping to a safe house and then walk back all the old tricks that sometimes could get you a bit further in previous reserves bugged missions. Switching active missions nothing helps I get to the waypoint then it never triggers.

This is a world record in early broken main story mission set by EW. So they do follow their deteoriating trend sadly and there is very unlikely they will ever bother fixing this. They haven´t done any work fixing broken missions in the past so I don´t know why they even include them? In generation zero there was sure one or two bugged missions but there you can complete the story line at least.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

ronMctube wrote:
outrider wrote:i thought we were getting all new reserves free. that was my understanding when i purchased the game when it was released . i have gotten all of the others for free.
base game you got two maps. it was never said anywhere you would get new reserves free just that there wouldn't be micro transactions. ;)

revontuli coast is probably the best reserve period. its on offer on steam also.
i guest you will have to forgive me.....my memory seems to be fading. i don't recall purchasing the other reserves, but if i have all of them, i must have. so, not remembering and i was unable to find my purchase history on steam, i just jump to conclusion . so i went ahead and bought the reserve. it's hell getting old :( ...
you are right ron, it is a good map. i was on it for a little while [might become my favorite]. if i could get a little bit better PC[ mine is a Dell optiplex 960
. maybe it's just getting to old..], i would more than likely hunt it more..but when the FPS drop below 20 then it starts to drag and sometime freezes for a short time ..
Last edited by outrider on June 30th, 2022, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Yeah, 20fps is way too low. It must have been stuttering? Do you have graphics turned down?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

OldMtnMan wrote:Yeah, 20fps is way too low. It must have been stuttering? Do you have graphics turned down?

their set on medium...had them set on max and was still getting 20 and below from time to time, i normally have about 23 and thing seem to run fine at that rate, but it just don't maintain that rate all the time..i'm running a hd 7770 card. i have some better cards but they will not fit my case. tried finding a after market case but haven't had any luck. my problem on that is, if your looking at the PC from the front, the cover is on the right side, while most PC the cover is on the left side. i do seem to think my card is the problem with the lagging and game freezing [not the exit freezing] ..

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'm looking around for a new gaming system. When I find what I want you can have my old system. It's 6 years old but will run games at max settings. It will get 75-120fps depending on the game. It could have a few more years left in it. We never know when they'll quit. I paid $1800 for it, so it's a decent system. I hate to just stick it in the closet if someone can use it.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

OldMtnMan wrote:I'm looking around for a new gaming system. When I find what I want you can have my old system. It's 6 years old but will run games at max settings. It will get 75-120fps depending on the game. It could have a few more years left in it. We never know when they'll quit. I paid $1800 for it, so it's a decent system. I hate to just stick it in the closet if someone can use it.
depends on the price and shipping. you can PM me if you want to..

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

There is no price. Just pay for shipping and Colorado to Texas shouldn't be too bad. Give me some time to find what I want first.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”