Dev Diary Recap Details For theAngler

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Dev Diary Recap Details For theAngler

Post by OldMtnMan »

It sounds pretty good Ron. I am disappointed that's it has no fly fishing as i'm a dedicated fly fisherman. It's probably because COTW has no running water and fly fishing should be done on creeks and rivers, Fly fishing on lakes is as boring as hunting over bait. There are almost 8 million fly fisherman in just the US. Lots more all over the world. They're leaving out a lot of fisherman who might have bought the Angler if it had fly fish fishing. Oh well.

I'll probably buy it if it looks good in a trailer. This game along with the new hunting games should keep us busy. I'm going to save Classic for my caplock hunting because it doesn't look like the other games have muzzleloaders.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I look forward to seeing the gameplay on this one. While I'm primarily a hunter and saltwater fisherman off the computer, freshwater fishing is still fascinating to me and I'd be interested in playing a quality fishing simulator. I've played a couple really old fishing games on PS2 and they were interesting, but limited gear/species/environments always wore me out quick on them. And the graphics were never that great. While I'd choose Classic over COTW any day of the week for a hunting game, I don't have another modern game (that I play) to compare theAngler to. So as long as the actual fishing mechanics aren't too ridiculous I'll probably enjoy it on occasion for a change of pace.

Fly fishing seems like it would be a future DLC opportunity. It's a pretty big deal in my neck of the woods. I imagine it might be difficult to replicate well on a keyboard and mouse though, or even a controller.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i think if they can get it right have a thehunter feel and just add content we all want. its a winner. this was said by the dev in the stream they want the community to shape the game. so many things you could add. fly fishing ,rivers, icefishing, the list is endless.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”