New Map Revontuli Coast Finland

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: New Map Revontuli Coast Finland

Post by OldMtnMan »

That's a good looking map. Are the two new games coming out making them push harder to improve COTW?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

OldMtnMan wrote:That's a good looking map. Are the two new games coming out making them push harder to improve COTW?
no i think its just thehunter call of the wild getting better evolving into a truly great game. treekiwi for eg was saying the duck waterfowl hunting is upto classics standards which really shows its getting better and better.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

OldMtnMan wrote:That's a good looking map. Are the two new games coming out making them push harder to improve COTW?
We can always hope. The game has deteoriated with every new reserve released. Hopefully one day they manage to turn the ship around but they struggle so much to meet the quality of the original reserves. You can clearly see the pattern of decline buy doing the reserves in chronological order.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

What I miss about COTW is the old comps. Is there any hope that we'll see those again? Also, question for the more experienced. When I play COTW I have to always turn on the POI, and when I leave a game nothing is saved and I'm right back at where I started- from previous session. Weapons that I have bought etc., I have to buy again. Doesn't the game save- anymore? I hope someone can answer that- and tell me what I'm doin' wrong, or if I have something "turned off" where do I turn it on? :? Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'm going to keep poking along in Classic and wait for the new games to come out.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

OldMtnMan wrote:I'm going to keep poking along in Classic and wait for the new games to come out.
I would recommend try cotw but stick with the initial reserves. They actually worked even when released they where very playable. I could do the missions on those which is not something you can take for granted with the last reserves. There is still some annoying bugs of course I won´t lie :)

I tried to prove myself wrong and doing missions on the latest mississippi reserve. I did manage to finish the mission to find a need zone and harvest an alligator but out of reach is bugged already. I get no markers and when I google that mission people is having all kind of problems with progression.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I started out with COTW before finding Classic. I didn't like it much. It seems geared toward the shooter and not the hunter. Just like in Classic, I never did the missions. So, I have no opinion on them.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

BCKidd wrote:What I miss about COTW is the old comps. Is there any hope that we'll see those again? Also, question for the more experienced. When I play COTW I have to always turn on the POI, and when I leave a game nothing is saved and I'm right back at where I started- from previous session. Weapons that I have bought etc., I have to buy again. Doesn't the game save- anymore? I hope someone can answer that- and tell me what I'm doin' wrong, or if I have something "turned off" where do I turn it on? :? Respectfully,

BCKidd.
when previous update came out you had to turn on or off the POI. but it should save so maybe something wrong with your save or something as it should stay saved regardless. if on steam could try validating your files. see if anything is missing or corrupt. if that doesnt help. try thehunter official discord support section. hope you get it sorted.

from 4/22/2022

" After the feedback about the change in how POI display settings function which came with the release of the MRP - toggling this setting enables/disables in-game and map icons, together - we’ve split these up so they can be turned on or off separately. "

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”