Call the wild Is FREE + Giveaway

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Call the wild Is FREE + Giveaway

Post by ronMctube »

BCKidd

Re: Call the wild Is FREE + Giveaway

Post by BCKidd »

I'm gonna haveta get back to CoTw, every time I decide to hit those reserves again, I'm hit with a massive update... Last time I played CoTw was in July. I think it is time to revisit it again. Great vid Ron, and congrats on your Diamond Roe- that you just shot. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

it is being updated regular and new content is flowing. games getting better and better. thanks BC.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

What if I already bought it. Can I get a refund?

Just kidding Just kidding. (sort of) :lol:
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

I've tried it. Beautiful game. Especially lighting. I was walking through night forest of Hirschfelden for an hour, have harvested only one red fox, but enjoyed it very much. I see myself enjoying it even just as walking simulator for a while.

Hunting itself doesn't feel nearly as good as in classic though, which, of course, isn't surprising. Controls also aren't very good. I expected to see some QOL changes, like shortcut for quick ammo change for example, but no, nothing like that. Mouse sensitivity is different for different zoom levels, for no good reason at all and there is no option to adjust its levels separately. Different controls for changing positions, but I can get used to it, so it's not a big deal, although I'm still often standing instead of holding breath. :D And jump button, what the point of it? Worst of all is no free look button, it could be a deal breaker for me. Huge inconvenience and immersion breaking.

As a side note, no shopping cart in Epic store is ridiculous. Since base content is so bare-bones, I wanted to buy few dlc, but it's a pain in the backbone. I've spent a few minutes on buying one stupid dlc. A 55¢ DLC for God's sake. I don't want to repeat it all again another 10 times. It's like they don't even want my money.
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

Blinking dot on the left is most annoying thing in-game.
You see animal, it starts to blink.. You shoot, starts to blink.. Enter new area...
Why not exist option to hide this thing...

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”