Base game content?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
herajika
Tracker

Base game content?

Post by herajika »

Apparently Epic Games would give away Call of the Wild next week. And although it often sells for like 3 bucks on steam, I haven't bought it yet, because of various reasons. But, hey, free is free, so I probably check it out at least. So my question, how many reserves and animals in the base game? Is it even worth downloading?
jttoo
Hunter

Re: Base game content?

Post by jttoo »

Sure, certainly download it and check it out, but you'll want a bunch of DLC to enjoy the game.

Things like Treestand & Tripod Pack, Tents & Ground Blinds, the Smoking Barrels Weapon Pack which has the M1 .30-06 rifle, which is an awesome rifle for COTW.
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

It's been too long since I played to remember what's in the base game but you can find the DLC on sale regularly (or they used to at least). I think I saw that there's a new reserve coming out which usually coincides with a big sale.

One thing that is nice about Call of the Wild is that you can hunt on reserves that you don't own by joining multiplayer games hosted by someone else. That way you can test out the other reserves and decide whether you want to buy the DLC for yourself or not.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

As far as I remember there were Hirschfelden and Layton Lakes in the base game.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

Hirschfelden doesn't sound bad. I'll check it out then.
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

Hirschfelden:
Red deer
Fallow deer
Roe deer
Red fox
European bison
Earopean rabbit
Canada goose

Layton lakes:
Whitetail
Blacktail
Roosevelt elk
Moose
Black bear
Coyote
Jackrabbit
Mallard duck
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
THEOFILOS

Post by THEOFILOS »

I was thinking to check it out too but in every video i saw always found something unrealistic that kept me from doing it and also the animals look too cartoonish.Maybe i should try the free version too so i wont regret my money afterwards.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

as hoo says you get layton lakes and hirshfelden reserves. the game is really growing now and lots to come. apex connect also launched recently which will also bring lots of extra things in the future.

its going to be free on the 25th of november till december 2nd on epic game store.

at the moment there is over 1 million people who have call of the wild. this will bring lots more people to call of the wild. also people will try theHunter classic often as a result of trying call of the wild. so its win win for the community.

as for realism you can play it how you want. thats up to you. what most people dont get is many things in call of the wild are actually from classic just tweaked or adapted. ;)

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”