VIDEO - TruRACS Diamond Whitetail

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
ronMctube
Chat Logger

VIDEO - TruRACS Diamond Whitetail

Post by ronMctube »

well with the new TruRACS system out only natural to go try and bag a Diamond whitetail for the trophy lodge. :D

https://youtu.be/Om5lEW8IYls

Nockedup
Hunter

Re: VIDEO - TruRACS Diamond Whitetail

Post by Nockedup »

Congrats Ron, that was a nice buck, and great video. I can't believe how all those deer just walk all around you and don't flee off out of sight when you know they can see you. Has that game always been like that?
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

most were does classic is just the same always has been. as long as you dont spook animals and call they come close.
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Yea, but you are walking through a herd of deer about 10m away from them and all they do is either circle around in front of you or trot back about 20m and come right back in your face while you're spotting out a shooter. Why aren't they all taking off and leaving you there all by yourself? Even after you shoot one, the rest of the deer just act like someone farted, startling them a bit and instead of heading for the hills they hang around in spotting range. I don't understand that.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Don't forget that Ron is able to use EW's Flying Cam. I don't know if he do it, but he could. ;-)
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Nockedup wrote:Yea, but you are walking through a herd of deer about 10m away from them and all they do is either circle around in front of you or trot back about 20m and come right back in your face while you're spotting out a shooter. Why aren't they all taking off and leaving you there all by yourself? Even after you shoot one, the rest of the deer just act like someone farted, startling them a bit and instead of heading for the hills they hang around in spotting range. I don't understand that.
i dont know how much call of the wild you play so here is how it is. you get zones where animals are they will be around those need zones they will spook they will come back shortly after. so just like in classic as long as you crouch walk slowly around most animals wont go to far. its normal. classic any animal you can do this with i made videos doing it also perfecting the bob and duck style of doing it. at first i scared some big trophies off but i was doing it to see how to get as close as possible without scaring them. like a omlette you will break eggs before making it ;) . i even made a video showing me scaring nothing but trophies to show how close you could get to animals in classic. any animal apart from maybe bears you can get within 20m not camo.

in the video are mostly does and im just calling them in. in call of the wild you just keep calling when there is big herds. on some reserves there is upto maybe 30 in a group. so while some go away lots will come in and you can walk between them.

@Pittie

Don't forget that Ron is able to use EW's Flying Cam. I don't know if he do it, but he could. ;-)

i dont use anything EW. the cinematic camera i use is made by Hattiwatt1. not by EW.sadly he no longer makes them as he works for DICE now on battlefield games.it has no effect on animals. so not sure what is being applied.also it wasnt used in the video shown. just play and practice in the game and you can do the same even at low level. you can do it in classic aswell if...you spend the time to learn how to approach animals.
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

ronMctube wrote:
Nockedup wrote:Yea, but you are walking through a herd of deer about 10m away from them and all they do is either circle around in front of you or trot back about 20m and come right back in your face while you're spotting out a shooter. Why aren't they all taking off and leaving you there all by yourself? Even after you shoot one, the rest of the deer just act like someone farted, startling them a bit and instead of heading for the hills they hang around in spotting range. I don't understand that.
i dont know how much call of the wild you play so here is how it is. you get zones where animals are they will be around those need zones they will spook they will come back shortly after. so just like in classic as long as you crouch walk slowly around most animals wont go to far. its normal. classic any animal you can do this with i made videos doing it also perfecting the bob and duck style of doing it. at first i scared some big trophies off but i was doing it to see how to get as close as possible without scaring them. like a omlette you will break eggs before making it ;) . i even made a video showing me scaring nothing but trophies to show how close you could get to animals in classic. any animal apart from maybe bears you can get within 20m not camo.

in the video are mostly does and im just calling them in. in call of the wild you just keep calling when there is big herds. on some reserves there is upto maybe 30 in a group. so while some go away lots will come in and you can walk between them.
I have not played COTW at all. The only experience I have with it is from watching videos like yours and the live streams that EW puts on. Your videos are great. My criticism and/or questions about what I observe from your videos are by no means meant to make you feel as though I'm picking on you, so I hope you don't get that feeling. I always learn something from watching your videos. Keep up the good work and thank you for being responsive to my questions!
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

you havent played cotw ? :o nothing wrong with voicing opinions or thoughts. you should give it a go. really is a good game.getting better as it progresses.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”