question about lost progress

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
chewik
Outfitter

question about lost progress

Post by chewik »

My game crashed today and I had to restart whole PC, (with button on it). after starting cotw, I have only option start new game, but not continue. is it possible to restore game, or have I start from the beginning again? :)
knott
Outfitter

Re: question about lost progress

Post by knott »

Probably have to start over. I dont understand why they use this hazardous save system. Common practise is this plus be able to save backups in game. Shouldnt have to do it manually
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

I think you must start from the beginning. Unfortunately. I had this problem 3 times. Now I make a backup of the save-folder after every session which helps a lot after a crash.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

it wont help currently but make sure you save the small file located in my documents call Avalanche studios . thats your call of the wild back up. then all you do is if this ever happens again is over write it with the one saved.
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

thx for confirmation of my thoughts. I was thinking about starting new profile, for fun, so now I can do it :) Now I will have a new opportunity to finish some "broken" achievements. Just hope the trophy lodge survived.
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

I've created a batch file to back up my COTW saves after each session to an external hard drive. I was doing it previously with just drag and drop, but the batch file is just less clicks
Spoiler:

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”