Truracs announced for call of the wild

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Truracs announced for call of the wild

Post by ronMctube »

many guessed it but its just been announced live on stream. over 1 million variations. also non typicals at a later date. really is big news. 8-)
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Re: Truracs announced for call of the wild

Post by XxStrong1xX »

ronMctube wrote:many guessed it but its just been announced live on stream. over 1 million variations. also non typicals at a later date. really is big news. 8-)
I have been one of the last ones probably holding out hope that Classic would be around for a while yet. But this along with how dead everything has been the past couple of months looks like the final nail in the coffin. :x

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
WolfLQ
Tracker

Post by WolfLQ »

This is exciting news. I honestly love COTW if only because animals are permanent on the maps and you can manage your herds. But the lack of TruRACS sucked.
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

It reminds ending of Hunting Unlimited 2009
So there you go.. goodbye Classic
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

i didnt watch the stream. did they give any more info? are they doin away with the consecutive animal multiplier? and goiung with the classic style of score?
WolfLQ
Tracker

Post by WolfLQ »

L3M182 wrote:i didnt watch the stream. did they give any more info? are they doin away with the consecutive animal multiplier? and goiung with the classic style of score?
The stream didn't really discuss that, but on Reddit someone was complaining about consecutive harvest and quick kill multipliers and they said they're "revamping" the score system. So I think they are possibly doing away with that, or at least making it so you can just pay attention to the trophy score if you'd rather. I would like to see JUST the trophy score in the lodges, for example, so I can ignore consec harvests and quick kill.

(Quick kill is really finicky. A double lung shot on a large animal can still result in a poor score which is just silly.)
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

WolfLQ wrote:
L3M182 wrote:i didnt watch the stream. did they give any more info? are they doin away with the consecutive animal multiplier? and goiung with the classic style of score?
The stream didn't really discuss that, but on Reddit someone was complaining about consecutive harvest and quick kill multipliers and they said they're "revamping" the score system. So I think they are possibly doing away with that, or at least making it so you can just pay attention to the trophy score if you'd rather. I would like to see JUST the trophy score in the lodges, for example, so I can ignore consec harvests and quick kill.

(Quick kill is really finicky. A double lung shot on a large animal can still result in a poor score which is just silly.)

thanks for the info. seems cotw is maturing into something a little closer to classic.
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

L3M182 wrote:
WolfLQ wrote:
thanks for the info. seems cotw is maturing into something a little closer to classic.

They did mention that the TruRac animals will have their own scoring system, "TruScore" they called it. It looks Interesting.
Thanks, ~Jeff

mikerolf1
Spotter

Post by mikerolf1 »

ronMctube wrote:many guessed it but its just been announced live on stream. over 1 million variations. also non typicals at a later date. really is big news. 8-)
I was there; it was Epic.

All the Classic Grognards went insane as soon as TreeKiwi mentioned the word TruRacks. All the kids who picked up COTW but never played Classic were saying "What's TruRacks? Why is everyone so excited?" :D

Of course we know what this means. That sound you hear is the sound of nails being hammered into the coffin of TheHunter Classic.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Nothing was reg. the consecutive bonus. It seemed that wouldn't be part of the discussion.

Scoring will be similar to Classic. Every animal has its set of characteristics and you will see right on the harvest screen how the score ("TruScore") is calculated.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”