here is why I ask Steam to be Refunded

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
vsaet
Hunter

here is why I ask Steam to be Refunded

Post by vsaet »

2 days ago I asked Steam to be refunded of COTW and that for the reason That follows
$ days ago I closed normally the game and the day after when I started it I was present to the choice to start a new game. All my settings was gone.
I don;t know if all players know that the game stores, in Documents and a special folder of Avalanche that contains a sub folder named " saves" , all settings of the game for the reason that is not online store like in the hunter classic.
I already said in another thread in general that the fact to not have the possibility to store settings manually in a safe place or in a server is one of the numerous negative points of the game.
because i know about the folder mentioned every time I close the game i make a copy of that folder and stored in another hard disk.because I have not start myself a new game but the program give me as the only option to start a new one I was in the folder I backed up the last day and restore it but nothing to do the problem was still there. I have more than 100 hours and a lot of item purchased with the game a big progression and also a big number of money points and I can start a new game for that reason I called the EW support and give also the affected folder. The answer was that the problem comes from Steam means every one send you to the other because Stean says that for game problems we have to ask EW.
Tell me what can I do to resolve the problem? If someone don't know windows is lost. Think you push by error the "new game" choice on the main menu! there are no advertisement that you will lost all your precedent progression.
The fact is that no Steam and no EW gave me a solution and even if I resolved the problem myself because I know some things about files and folders I asked to Steam to be refunded. Because not Stean and not EW gave me the support they do and because the problem was not from my side. I have not to pay for the bugs of the game. I purchased all DSL's from the beginning and they have to make attention for those that pay every time.
I know that they wont refund me .
In a future post I will give you the way to resolve the problem if it happened to one of you.
Pittie
Hunter

Re: here is why I ask Steam to be Refunded

Post by Pittie »

This bug is more than one year (!) old. EW seems not very interested at it. No fix and, as always, no statement from their side.
I make a backup after every session, and this works for me. I had the problem circa 5 times in the last 4 weeks.
Anyway, this bug is a game killer. I never saw it in any other game.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

Pittie wrote:This bug is more than one year (!) old. EW seems not very interested at it. No fix and, as always, no statement from their side.
I make a backup after every session, and this works for me. I had the problem circa 5 times in the last 4 weeks.
Anyway, this bug is a game killer. I never saw it in any other game.
And that is normal for you? My backup wont worked and if I has not the ultimate way,means using the shadow copy of windows to restore the saves folder what I has to do? because it seams my problem was worsted than the bug you report in the way that the backup not worked. And how many people know how using ,in a case like mine,the shadow copy of windows. Most of the people using windows ignore that the system stores copy files just in case.
The problem with EW is that they not listen problems we report. Only take the money they know. For that reason I asked to be refunded. can't play a game that crash every 2-3 days.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Scary. I never made a backup will do now

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”